• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Converting Boat Lift to a PWC Bunk and Platform for Kayaks with Racks

LisaL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Hello - I have just purchased a wave runner (thanks to you all who provided advice to me on the model - I went with the VX) and a boat slip with an existing boat lift (12,000? lbs). I had the bunks moved closer in order to accommodate the wave runner and this take up about 4.5 ft leaving about 7.5 ft. There is 1 existing aluminum plank about 10 inches wide by about 16 feet long. I am looking for a cost effective way to add a platform and kayak racks in the 7.5 ft area. One suggestion was to add more aluminum planks but they are pricey. I have been looking on line to try to find other more economical options such a aluminum that is not solid but has holes in it? Marine grad wood? The slip is in a salt water environment. Appreciate any suggestions! Thank you.

Hello - I have just purchased a wave runner (thanks to you all who provided advice to me on the model - I went with the VX) and a boat slip with an existing boat lift (12,000? lbs). I had the bunks moved closer in order to accommodate the wave runner and this take up about 4.5 ft leaving about 7.5 ft. There is 1 existing aluminum plank about 10 inches wide by about 16 feet long. I am looking for a cost effective way to add a platform and kayak racks in the 7.5 ft area. One suggestion was to add more aluminum planks but they are pricey. I have been looking on line to try to find other more economical options such a aluminum that is not solid but has holes in it? Marine grad wood? The slip is in a salt water environment. Appreciate any suggestions! Thank you.
Posting a photo would make it much easier for us to visualize and offer suggestions.

I would think you could attach pressure treated lumber pretty easily.

Thanks. Here are a couple of pictures. The boat is new longer there. Has anyone hear of the attached flow through decking material brand names Sure Step of ThruFlow. Wondering if this might work if the proper bracing was added.

Attachments

• 20211104_144444.jpg
    20211104_144444.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 20210922_125224.jpg
    20210922_125224.jpg
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20211110_213552.jpg
    20211110_213552.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 20
  • 20211110_220106.jpg
    20211110_220106.jpg