• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooling Misters

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So this is not an intentional troll to everyone winterizing there boats soon, but I installed cooling mister today on FSH 210 Sport. I installed a 5 gallon water tank in the front of the center console. Installed a 116 psi pump on the PVC board on front of the fuel tank connected to one of the accessory switches. Im using ¼” white tubing and 9 misters (I will probably remove some after testing on the water when I see which ones I really don’t need. Currently the tubing is just zip ties up the T-top but will route internally in the tubes when I redo my speaker wiring soon. The nozzles are .4mm and are zip tied around the inside frame of the top. I have filter in the water tank to filter out debris. I’m planning on using distilled water to keep it spot free so to not make a mess with any drips.

Attachments

• 2022-09-24 10.05.56.jpg
    2022-09-24 10.05.56.jpg
    838.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 2022-09-24 10.06.11.jpg
    2022-09-24 10.06.11.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 30
How long will that water tank last?

How long will that water tank last?
Im hoping for for a full day but havent tested full day yet. Each nozzle is 0.15 ml/min so 0.021 gallons per hour for all 9 misters which in theory would be 233 hours for 5 gallons of water. Once I have a full day test I will update you on this.

Im hoping for for a full day but havent tested full day yet. Each nozzle is 0.15 ml/min so 0.021 gallons per hour for all 9 misters which in theory would be 233 hours for 5 gallons of water. Once I have a full day test I will update you on this.

That looks like it will be a sweet set up for the hot Florida sun! Look forward to the test report!

As a suggestion, if you have RO water at your house that would probably work just as well as distilled for a lot less coin and a lot more convenient.

That looks like it will be a sweet set up for the hot Florida sun! Look forward to the test report!

As a suggestion, if you have RO water at your house that would probably work just as well as distilled for a lot less coin and a lot more convenient.
Yea I thought of that too but im renting for now and no RO unfortionatly so will have stick with distilled for the time being.

I love the idea, would love to figure something out for my 212 (non tower version)

I love the idea, would love to figure something out for my 212 (non tower version)
I was trying to think of how to have those ran to by bow seats too. Im not really wanting to drill holes in the fiberglass for each nozzle so I will keep thinking :cool:

I was trying to think of how to have those ran to by bow seats too. Im not really wanting to drill holes in the fiberglass for each nozzle so I will keep thinking :cool:

Could you have a couple of runs that would hang off of the bow shades up to the bow shade poles? Perhaps on some quick disconnects from the ones on the T top?

That’s a great idea. For the bow, does the fsh have speakers in front? If so might be able to just notch the top of the speaker holes/speaker covers and have the misters angled up a bit, spraying inward.

Nice setup! I really need to do this and I’ve been avoiding paying up for a premade kit.

Any updates on how this is working out and the run time on a tank?

Do you have any links to the parts you used?

Nice setup! I really need to do this and I’ve been avoiding paying up for a premade kit.

Any updates on how this is working out and the run time on a tank?

Do you have any links to the parts you used?
I have not had to run it yet, outside of testing as it hasn't been hot enough in South Florida. I probably wont need to turn it on till April or May. According to my calculations I will run out of battery way before I run out of water but no real world data on that yet. Below is the Amazon links for everything I purchased.

Maybe a cooler with ice water as your holding tank? Great work great idea!

That would work too. Im using distilled water to prevent water spots from any drips and to prevent build up on the nozzles.

Thanks for putting this together, great idea!

Thanks for posting all those links. <$100 for that setup is great!

If anyone would like to get a high pressure system. I can help. I own a company that we do high pressure misting for homes and businesses. We use 1500 psi pumps and a lot smaller nozzles. My manufacturer has already designed a pump for my old boat, but I sold it before we did it. High pressure systems do not get you wet like a low pressure system. But, a high pressure system would be more apt to clogging just because of the nozzle size. A typical low pressure system uses a .20 mm nozzle. Meaning the droplets come out at .20 mm in size. My high pressure home systems use a .06 mm nozzle (smallest) to a .12 mm. The pumps require 15 amps, so a beefy inverter.

cost would be more than 100 bucks. probably 1500 +/- a couple hundred bucks. I am awaiting new dealer pricing for the season right now.

Obviously, this is a boat and being wet is not a big deal, so if you desire something that cools by evaporation rather than getting wet shoot me a pm.

My manufacturer
Misting for Home, Commercial & Industrial - Cloudburst

Last edited:
If anyone would like to get a high pressure system. I can help. I own a company that we do high pressure misting for homes and businesses. We use 1500 psi pumps and a lot smaller nozzles. My manufacturer has already designed a pump for my old boat, but I sold it before we did it. High pressure systems do not get you wet like a low pressure system. But, a high pressure system would be more apt to clogging just because of the nozzle size. A typical low pressure system uses a .20 mm nozzle. Meaning the droplets come out at .20 mm in size. My high pressure home systems use a .06 mm nozzle (smallest) to a .12 mm. The pumps require 15 amps, so a beefy inverter.

cost would be more than 100 bucks. probably 1500 +/- a couple hundred bucks. I am awaiting new dealer pricing for the season right now.

Obviously, this is a boat and being wet is not a big deal, so if you desire something that cools by evaporation rather than getting wet shoot me a pm.

My manufacturer
Misting for Home, Commercial & Industrial - Cloudburst
Good info.

What would happen if you used the smaller nozzles with the 116 psi pump? would they do anything?

Good info.

What would happen if you used the smaller nozzles with the 116 psi pump? would they do anything?
you would kill the pump with heat. The backpressure would heat the pump seals and ruin it. It also would just dribble out of the nozzle. Mark in arizona you would not have the issues that others would. You are almost 0 humidity. It will mostly evaporate. If you were like most of the rest of the US you would get wet. The higher the humidity the smaller the nozzle needs to be and more pressure the pump witll need to create the atomization.

Also something to add. The smaller the nozzle and the higher the pressure. The less water you will use. The pump that my mfg and I spec'd for this is a high pressure 1/4 gpm pump.

1676998015020.png this orifice is .12 mm20230221_104248.jpg
You can see the orifice size that is a .08 mm

img-0037_orig.jpg4_2_orig.jpg

Attachments

• 20230221_104344.jpg
    20230221_104344.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230221_104350.jpg
    20230221_104350.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
That will work the opposite, basically it will be a shower soaking you. The object of misting is evaporation to cool.

Back