• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cooling Misters

I would suggest a lower gpm pump. 1.3 gpm (gallon per minute) pump will die a almost certain death if you run it for a period of time. Your shoving 1.3 gpm into the line with only about a 1/4 gpm of nozzles.Screenshot (45).pngHere is a flow chart. This will give you accurate water use.

Nozzle-Droplet-Size-and-Flow-Rates-Sara-E.pdf (cloudburst.com)

Im hoping for for a full day but havent tested full day yet. Each nozzle is 0.15 ml/min so 0.021 gallons per hour for all 9 misters which in theory would be 233 hours for 5 gallons of water. Once I have a full day test I will update you on this.

Have you had a chance to test this system out yet?

Have you had a chance to test this system out yet?
I wish... Memorial weekend is next planned outing. Wife just had surgery this week which has been impacting using the last month.

Dang, I hope she gets better soon!

I was doing some research for a new member who wants to put a fresh water shower on a new AR250 …lives in Florida and I thought he may want this type of system on his boat.

Thats a cool Idea but my complete setup was cost less less then $75

Dang, I hope she gets better soon!

I was doing some research for a new member who wants to put a fresh water shower on a new AR250 …lives in Florida and I thought he may want this type of system on his boat.
I mentioned to my wife about changing live-well tank setup to a collapsible water bladder, Her response was just upgrade the boat. Since she is eyeing the MTI and Midnight Express Center Consoles, I have a feeling I'm never going to be able to retire...:p:p:p

My pump cycles with pressure drops so should be good, as it only runs for a second every 2 seconds.
If your pump is cycling, you have too much pump and the water is not flowing continuous. The seals will heat up but with the limited use and cost no big deal. Pump seals will heat up because of the backpressure heating the water up which in turn heats the seals. You have a diaphragm pump so once it leaks its gone.

I might just order a pump (high pressure triplex ) and make one to see if my build plan works.

My pump cycles with pressure drops so should be good, as it only runs for a second every 2 seconds.

If you add a RV size accumulator, like 2 gallons, it will lessen the pump cycling dramatically. Provided the RV type can handle 116 psi, it may take a different type of accumulator.

This one states a pressure rating of 125 psi.

Last edited:
Back