• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Crazy idea...

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As many of you know I crashed my boat. It's being repaired now. If you go look up Metan Marine on facebook you can see the pictures of their progress and also the damage to some of the parts. Anyway, does anyone know what is below the floor under the bench seats behind the captains chairs? I am considering trying to have them install some internal ballast.

i am pretty sure it is empty space since the fuel tank is in the center of the deck, the engines are behind the rear seats and the water boxes are in the same compartment that the clean out plugs are in.

If you put ballast bags there how are you going to maintain, replace or remove them?

I just saw the pics on their fb page.. That's intense! They replacing the engines, or just tearing them down and replacing what's needed? As for your question on ballast bags, I don't know what's under that floor area, but I assume it's either empty space or the foam that Yamaha puts in to ensure you don't completely sink your boat. With everything apart though, you could get them to install bags in the under-seat compartments and plum the lines to pumps and mount the switches... Might as well go all out! WakeMakers makes the bags for the 242X E-Series. You could get custom fit bags made. @Ronnie - I agree with you. What happens if they need to be repaired? I want to say the manufacturers that use non-serviceable ballast tanks (Mastercraft, Tige, Malibu, etc.) are hard plastic .

Wow....they have your boat apart! Not sure if this link will work...but give it a try

did you run aground? Holy cow that looks like alot of damage, I hope they get it back to new for you

That is really cool. Are the engines being replaced? I can't wait to see the next series of pictures.

Holy cats! Best wishes for a great outcome, @morgro269

WOW, that's a lot of work. Yamaha 245 "Rock Jumper"? Somebody's got a sense of humor ;)

That is some pretty serious work there! Hope all in the crew were ok after that hit!

I cannot speak for other manufactures, but the hard tanks in the back of my Tige Z3 are removable if they had to be. Not saying it is easy. I would not be comfortable with ballast bags below the decking where they are not serviceable.

Wow I checked out pics that's a lot of damage! Metan is one town away from me i know the family they do awesome work. Good luck.

Wow, that's a lot of work!!
Wonder if keel guards come in "indestructible"?

Thanks guys... yea, it's a ton of work. $44k worth of it. All work is backed by a 10 year, transferable warranty. The motors are not being replaced. They need to come out to cut out the engine bay to access the inside of the hull. G and R deemed the motors good to go. A few oil changes, new air filters and they're fine.

As far as servicing the bags, I'm not sure yet. Metan can build anything- so I'm thinking maybe a door in the floor below the seats or something. Hopefully they won't need too much servicing once/ if installed.

I would sell that boat as soon as you get it back "repaired" Warranty or not i wouldnt trust it anymore.

I won't be selling it anytime soon.... although I do worry about electrical issues. The insurance company paid to have all electrical connections inspected and also will cover anything that comes up in the future that is related to this (I'll believe that when/ if I see it).

Yes but if you break down in your 2015 boat because of stupid problems it will get old real quick. I am sure you bought new for a reason.. so its dependable.

good luck

Fair enough.... if I could sell it and get into a new one for the same payment I have on this one, I would. I don't think that'll happen though.

Back