• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dimensions of the letters for your boats name

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need some help. We have a vinyl letter machine so I can make all the letters for my boats name. What I need help with are the dimensions that YOU used for your name and if in hindsight would you go bigger ? Smaller ? Wider ? Etc. I'm looking for it to go on the rear of the boat.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
My lettering was 5" tall and ended up about 36" long if I remember right. I think it is perfect size for the spot on the back of my boat.

IMG_0452.JPG

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@KC-AR240 @wallacerb

What are you guys using to cut vinyl? My wife has a cricket machine. Is that the same thing? It’ll cut fabric, paper, anything I guess as long as you have the right blade in it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The height of mine is 2.5" and the width is 47.21". Cost me $30 including shipping from doityourselflettering.com and included having the cutouts removed.

Some more details on what I ordered:
  • Premium 3M Cast Vinyl
  • Height: 2.5"
  • Width: 47.21"
  • Text Color: Olympic Blue
  • Border Color: Black
  • Shadow Color: Silver
  • Background: Cut Out & Removed
  • Price: $30.15

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Many members remove the safety stickers from the swim deck, I didn't, so the height of my letters were 3.12"
39992324_10108206501886338_7710425886503206912_n.jpg

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have an 2018 242X. With the back rest cushions in place on the lower deck, the center space below the grab handle, is 15”x4”.
Enough room for a short name. Otherwise, you can do it like Julian did, for a longer name.

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an 2018 242X. With the back rest cushions in place on the lower deck, the center space below the grab handle, is 15”x4”.
Enough room for a short name. Otherwise, you can do it like Julian did, for a longer name.
Do you have a picture of it ? I can't seem to find out how to see if anyone has pictures in there profile

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’m sorry, I don’t have a picture. It is still under shrink wrap in storage.

Can you see the “signature” pic in @Julian post?

I’m referring to the area where “othera” is located. You can use that space, with 3.5” letters.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
If you are your phone typically if you turn the phone side ways to landscape orientation it will show more info like the side bar and sig pic.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Remember that the font and "thickness" of your lettering will also determine the width of the total name. A thinner font will somewhat compress the name unless you set the with dimension wider (for the entire name). Keep in mind to set the height as well. You'll need to play around with it a bit to get the sizing you want.

Terrance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I need some help. We have a vinyl letter machine so I can make all the letters for my boats name. What I need help with are the dimensions that YOU used for your name and if in hindsight would you go bigger ? Smaller ? Wider ? Etc. I'm looking for it to go on the rear of the boat.

Attachments

Wesley Cobb

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After reading the post above, I went w/the 2.5in 3M Cast Vinyl from doityourselflettering.com. Great company, easy design site, and very quick service...could not be more happy w/it! Thanks @Julian for the great words and information. Replaced the registration numbers w/the same font at the same time.
Boat Name.jpeg