• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Divorce is a b*tch...

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's been going on for a year on March 5th, I've had alot of time to reflect on everything and not one day has gone by that I thought I shouldn't have left. It's by far the best decision I've ever made. Win some you lose some!

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

In the story above, it appears that the boyfriend bought the car from the girlfriend's uncle, for $600 and they registered the car in her name. He ended paying $1600 of the fine, she ended up paying $2870. When he wouldn't accept a transfer of the title and registration, she should have reported the car stolen.

@Jeep7797, sorry to read what you are going through with the divorce. Hope you can get a quick resolution and move on.

Jim

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Get it writing (marital settlement agreement) and have her sign it in front of a notary if possible. A lot can change between separation and dissolution.
Only 15 more days before it's final. It wasn't a messy divorce, we still work together everyday and get along.

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's got to be a relief being so close. How long has it taken?

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That's got to be a relief being so close. How long has it taken?
If you're asking me, we didn't get lawyers or anything. We filed in December and 90 days will be March 15th, when I can return with the paperwork and it will be final. Sorry you're going thru the long drawn out process, even though I wanted to get divorced it is extremely stressful time for sure

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a quick update, her attorney sent over a marriage settlement agreement. 5 months ago she valued the boat at 13k, she now values this 23 year old boat at 15k! Stock markets for idiots, invest in old boats!!!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just a quick update, her attorney sent over a marriage settlement agreement. 5 months ago she valued the boat at 13k, she now values this 23 year old boat at 15k! Stock markets for idiots, invest in old boats!!!
Give her the boat and keep 15k elsewhere.

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Absolutely not that easy. The offer was made and she only wants the money, I told my attorney if it's worth that much, she can have it! NOPE, wants the money instead.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Absolutely not that easy. The offer was made and she only wants the money, I told my attorney if it's worth that much, she can have it! NOPE, wants the money instead.
Consider offering to sell the boat and split the proceeds.

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's what I'm hoping, I'll offer to sell to the dealership, I'd prefer to keep it but I don't see anyway if I sell it for say 6k she'd be entitled to more than half of the sale. It's not like I'm selling it to a buddy for $500. All this will be run by the attorney tomorrow to make sure. Hopefully just the written offers I have will be sufficient. The judge DID say if it were a car or truck, a written offer from Carmax would be ok.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Time to scuttle her?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Time to scuttle her?
Don’t do that, that’s how the other side comes up with better than new pricing estimates. Think of it like quitting your job to avoid paying spousal or child support, the court just makes you pay / go into debt for what you should have paid.