• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

E Series reverse bucket in down position

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is there ANY way , without wedging my ever expanding belly in the helm area, taking the cover off shift motor , and putting levers in manual mode , to get the reverse buckets to stay in the fully closed ( reverse down ) position after stopping the engines ? I ask because I would like to access the throttle cable & shift rod lever area to apply grease ? I am trying to do this with the boat on lift and that area is almost inaccessible with the buckets in the up position. Seems that the buckets always go to fully up (open) each time the engines are stopped ? This is the one thing I miss from my previous AR240 with totally manual throttle cables.

Last edited:

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Never tried, but now I'm curious. Following now just to hear the answer.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there ANY way , without wedging my ever expanding belly in the helm area, taking the cover off shift motor , and putting levers in manual mode , to get the reverse buckets to stay in the fully closed ( reverse down ) position after stopping the engines ? I ask because I would like to access the throttle cable & shift rod lever area to apply grease ? I am trying to do this with the boat on lift and that area is almost inaccessible with the buckets in the up position. Seems that the buckets always go to fully up (open) each time the engines are stopped ? This is the one thing I miss from my previous AR240 with totally manual throttle cables.
@Julian Might be able to answer.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
just bumping this up, because I would like an answer as well

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Julian for the reply and @tabbibus for bumping ! That was the answer I expected if not the one I wanted ?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
oh well. A small price to pay for that oh so buttery smooth throttles!

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Agreed ! Just trying to keep them "buttery" by applying some marine grease back there. I will work on my contortionist skills !!

Dodi5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I asked this of Yamaha a while back, and their answer was no. The gates can be moved with the engines running or via the over ride behind the helm.
Which over ride , can you please elaborate. Thanks 😊, a newbie here.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Which over ride , can you please elaborate. Thanks 😊, a newbie here.
On the floor of the compartment behind the helm is a black plastic "box". It has wingnuts on the top that you can quickly undo. Remove the top and you will see directions on how to manually move the gates. This is something your dealer should have covered during the turn over meeting. Along with how to use the quick connect on the pump itself to disconnect the reverse bucket from the reverse cable (see photos of this in my thread on how to replace the cables linked in the faq)

Dodi5

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
On the floor of the compartment behind the helm is a black plastic "box". It has wingnuts on the top that you can quickly undo. Remove the top and you will see directions on how to manually move the gates. This is something your dealer should have covered during the turn over meeting. Along with how to use the quick connect on the pump itself to disconnect the reverse bucket from the reverse cable (see photos of this in my thread on how to replace the cables linked in the faq)
Thanks a lot , you’ve always been super helpful