• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine Anode

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone replaced their engine anode(s). The FSH 190 has one (1) engine anode. I just purchased one and tried to replace but I can't get it to pull out after taking out the one securing bolt. Has anyone replace theirs and found a trick/solution on how to get the anode out? I was told by the owner at the dealership if I haven't done so already that I need to replace it.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you try this on a warm engine? The mass of the engine block is much greater than the small zink and will absorb more heat and expand more. If you've already tried that I would spray some liquid wrench on the zink, tap it lightly with a small hammer then try to wiggle it out.

RubenSX195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello all, I've tried PB Blaster tapping drilled bolt with hammer and half of it is still stuck inside. Any ideas pleaseeee???

Attachments

jpuma

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Did u find an answer?
I have same issue. I just put mine back together and left it in.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was able to replace mine without disassembly of additional parts. I purchased a 3/8" flex drive to reach down and bend 90 degrees to get to them. They did come out without much of an issue. Because I'm mostly fresh water, they didn't need to be replaced yet, but since out, I did.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was able to replace mine without disassembly of additional parts. I purchased a 3/8" flex drive to reach down and bend 90 degrees to get to them. They did come out without much of an issue. Because I'm mostly fresh water, they didn't need to be replaced yet, but since out, I did.
How many hours on your boat Frank?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you! I’ve got around 240(?) on mine and wondered whether or not they needed checking / replacing. The ones on the pumps have a slight surface haze that I remove with a stainless brush.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unless you're in a lot of salt water, I bet they are fine. From the wear on mine, I recalculated the next replacement at 1000 hrs. But, I have put a lot of effort into bonding all the metal in the boat. With that, the engines are bonded to the jet anodes. With an ohm meter I get less than 10 ohms resistance between the engine blocks and the jet anodes. That's not how they are from Yamaha. They're electrically separated.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unless you're in a lot of salt water, I bet they are fine. From the wear on mine, I recalculated the next replacement at 1000 hrs, and I try to take very good care of my boat.
Im strictly fresh water so far…. I may pull them next winter just because, but sounds like they will be fine up to 800 hours or so based on your experience..

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
And they're a pain to get to on a 210. As I said above, I was able to access them with a flex extension on my 3/8 ratchet. It's just awkward. I also used a magnet to pull them out.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The starboard engine especially?

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unless you're in a lot of salt water, I bet they are fine. From the wear on mine, I recalculated the next replacement at 1000 hrs. But, I have put a lot of effort into bonding all the metal in the boat. With that, the engines are bonded to the jet anodes. With an ohm meter I get less than 10 ohms resistance between the engine blocks and the jet anodes. That's not how they are from Yamaha. They're electrically separated.
I edited my comment from early, because it will make a big difference in engine anode life.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I edited my comment from early, because it will make a big difference in engine anode life.
That’s a great edit and a great idea to bond those items!