• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

extended swim platform on a Yamaha?

dwillson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Has any one put an extended swim platform on a Yamaha? Wondering if there are good aftermarket options for this. I currently own a 2021 Scarab 215ID (pic below). Not only does my Scarab have an extended swim platform, but the stock swim platform on the 215 is about twice as deep as the built in platform on the 21 foot Yamaha. Since we spend over half our time hanging out on the back of the boat, this is a HUGE advantage of the Scarab. Scarab also has seat cushions to sit on where Yamaha has only SeaDek to sit on. I have always been a Yamaha guy. I purchased this Scarab because my Yamaha orders were cancelled the last 2 model years. I have to say this Scarab is winning me over in a couple major categories. Another positive of the extended platform on the Scarab is that it knocks the jet spray down a bit so tubers have virtually no spray hitting them in the face. I still prefer the styling of the Yamaha, but the short swim platform on the 21 foot Yamaha might be a deal-breaker now that I have a boat with a much bigger platform. So wondering if there are aftermarket way to extend the Yamaha and if anyone has done it?
tempImageyxwc1e.png
tempImage6Tyfia.png

I'd be interested if they made an aftermarket platform. I can't think of any reason this is not a good idea.

Another positive of the extended platform on the Scarab is that it knocks the jet spray down a bit so tubers have virtually no spray hitting them in the face

Hmmm you just gave me an Idea for a custom mod...

A swim platform might be nice, but for those of us with 24' Yamahas the platform is much closer to the water than a Scarab, we have cushions, and the patio is pretty deep.

IMG_7642.JPG

On some of the newer high end models, they've added swim up seats. Plus bigger loungers in the stern seating (with cushions of course):
1625759803533.png

I would love to see a full platform that could be lowered into the water!

Add On platform and/or diving board. Kids would love it.

Add On platform and/or diving board. Kids would love it.
As long as you could install a ladder still, this would be sweet.

My only thought would be sinking the transom for surfing and how this might interfere with wave creation/pocket.

I imagine a good inflatable float pad - right dimensions - and with some well engineered tie anchor system to the stern of the platform might be a cheaper + easier option?
- thoughts? Or experienced suggestions?

We park our tubes there constantly… and am in the market for a Reef, or similar, to use for a platform “extension”.

A swim platform might be nice, but for those of us with 24' Yamahas the platform is much closer to the water than a Scarab, we have cushions, and the patio is pretty deep.

View attachment 156284

On some of the newer high end models, they've added swim up seats. Plus bigger loungers in the stern seating (with cushions of course):
View attachment 156285

I would love to see a full platform that could be lowered into the water!
The 25' Yamahas are awesome and probably my favorite combination of features and swim deck. Just can't bring myself to go that big as we trailer our boat everywhere and launch in some short docks/launches. Definitely my favorite jet boat out there though.

I installed an extended swim platform from swim platforms.com on my Four Winns vista and it was a quality piece. And from experience there would be no way to install one on a yamaha. The transom won't allow for the vertical supports and the mounting space on the existing platform. Even if it was the type that mounted to the flat top part of the existing lower swim platform you would still need vertical supports2021-07-08_02-31-08.jpg2021-07-08_02-30-42.jpg2021-07-08_02-29-57.jpg

I installed an extended swim platform from swim platforms.com on my Four Winns vista and it was a quality piece. And from experience there would be no way to install one on a yamaha. The transom won't allow for the vertical supports and the mounting space on the existing platform. Even if it was the type that mounted to the flat top part of the existing lower swim platform you would still need vertical supportsView attachment 156293View attachment 156294View attachment 156295
We did the same thing to our four winns ! One of the best upgrades for that little boat.IMG_3111.jpg

Some of the two stroke boats had an option or came with a water level swim platform...there is a thread here showing how they are mounted that would be good to take a look at for ideas. It’s a pretty simple mount that may be a good starting point for the new hulls.

The actual platform would be an easy build out of teak, starboard or fiberglass.

I have one on my boat and wouldn’t want to be without it...great for the kids and dog in deep water and even better for lounging at the sandbar.
281CDDCE-8780-46AD-BBFF-F03BB613F99F.jpeg

Some of the two stroke boats had an option or came with a water level swim platform...there is a thread here showing how they are mounted that would be good to take a look at for ideas. It’s a pretty simple mount that may be a good starting point for the new hulls.

The actual platform would be an easy build out of teak, starboard or fiberglass.

I have one on my boat and wouldn’t want to be without it...great for the kids and dog in deep water and even better for lounging at the sandbar.
View attachment 156448
That Scarab statement is a little harsh...OUCH. LOL. I have actually owned both now and while I will say I prefer the Yamaha in many ways, this Scarab I currently own is head and shoulders above the Yamaha in some ways. Scarab advantage in Swimdeck - Yamaha's 21' swim deck is very short...I can have 4-5 people hanging out on the back of my Scarab and no one has to straddle the people sitting on the actual deck. Scarab will absolutely dust a Yamaha in performance. My 21' Scarab with twin 250's has top speed in mid 60's versus 50 in a 21' Yamaha with the best twin engines. Might get slightly worse gas mileage, but the power is there if you ever need it. Scarab advantage in seat cushions - higher quality and more comfortable. Storage compartments are actually finished out in my Scarab. Flip up bolsters on both captains seats in the Scarab (no bolster on passenger captain seat in Yamaha). While I like the styling of the Yamaha tower better, the Scarabs is 1000 times easier to put up and down and has gas assisted shocks. Idle/neutral maneuverability is much better is Scarab. I would say they are equal in hull construction and gelcoat quality...neither is outstanding like my previous Cobalt. Yamaha has perceived edge in engine quality/longevity (this is debatable and goes above my knowledge...both have made engines for a very long time). Yamaha had clean out ports, which I never had to use even once...Scarab takes in less weeds overall in my experience so far. Trailer that came with my Scarab is higher quality than my Yamaha trailer was (all LED lighting, seats on the hitch ball better, rear tie-down straps are attached to trailer and much easier to quickly tie down boat (they also never loosen up when towing). I still like the styling and look of the Yamaha better, but Scarab has some major advantages that I would have never known about if I wasn't forced to purchase one because my last 2 Yamaha orders were cancelled.

That Scarab statement is a little harsh...OUCH. LOL. I have actually owned both now and while I will say I prefer the Yamaha in many ways, this Scarab I currently own is head and shoulders above the Yamaha in some ways. Scarab advantage in Swimdeck - Yamaha's 21' swim deck is very short...I can have 4-5 people hanging out on the back of my Scarab and no one has to straddle the people sitting on the actual deck. Scarab will absolutely dust a Yamaha in performance. My 21' Scarab with twin 250's has top speed in mid 60's versus 50 in a 21' Yamaha with the best twin engines. Might get slightly worse gas mileage, but the power is there if you ever need it. Scarab advantage in seat cushions - higher quality and more comfortable. Storage compartments are actually finished out in my Scarab. Flip up bolsters on both captains seats in the Scarab (no bolster on passenger captain seat in Yamaha). While I like the styling of the Yamaha tower better, the Scarabs is 1000 times easier to put up and down and has gas assisted shocks. Idle/neutral maneuverability is much better is Scarab. I would say they are equal in hull construction and gelcoat quality...neither is outstanding like my previous Cobalt. Yamaha has perceived edge in engine quality/longevity (this is debatable and goes above my knowledge...both have made engines for a very long time). Yamaha had clean out ports, which I never had to use even once...Scarab takes in less weeds overall in my experience so far. Trailer that came with my Scarab is higher quality than my Yamaha trailer was (all LED lighting, seats on the hitch ball better, rear tie-down straps are attached to trailer and much easier to quickly tie down boat (they also never loosen up when towing). I still like the styling and look of the Yamaha better, but Scarab has some major advantages that I would have never known about if I wasn't forced to purchase one because my last 2 Yamaha orders were cancelled.
It’s a quote from this article

I don’t actually hate Scarab...well maybe the seadoo engine package and associated electronics/wiring.

Back