• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Finally have my first Yamaha 242 Limited S / Maryland Location

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
New to this site so hello. Myself, wife and son (5yrs) picked up our first 2012 Yamaha, and I love this thing; onlay had 30 hours on it. Will be keeping in a Boatel Hi and Dry and its in Jackson Marina now in North East MD, I would like a calmer place and was looking at Triton Marine but am new to area so have no clue. Some people say the water is to low and no fun at Triton any feed back? anyway looking forward in creating some great family and friend memories.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard and Congrats!

How do you feel about that drain plug light? It would scare me. I prefer to back in to islands and beaches. I would worry what would happen if it hit an obstacle. But not having seen it in person I may be over reacting.

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard, Hello again! I spend a lot more time on this site than the other. It seems to be more active, and the interface works much better on mobile devices. Your boat looks awesome.
I set up my account on the other site, before a deal on a 232 S fell apart, and I ended up getting a 230SX. That's why the names are different.

Andy

bkcarson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard, you've picked a great boat! I'll look for you next season, usually hanging near Sand Island!

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bruce, yea I see how that can look; its unscrewed and all the way out in that picture. When you have the plug in its flush against the boat, I have not had the chance to see it on yet but seems to be well built and heavy.

Andy, after looking at the site it does seem updated with more posts and layout is better. Weather is creeping up fast so I only have this weekend available to winterize boat and find home. My garage is not big enough to hole the boat. Jackson, Anchor and Triton are the only 3 places in the area want to store it in location for inside lifts. Anchor is out, looks like it gets a bunch of traffic from the Naughty Goose, so its between Triton and Jackson. I just dont know that much about either and not much online that talks about those marinas and the North East or Elk River reviews. (thanks for the props on the boat)

Last edited:

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Back before kids, my wife and I had 27 foot cabin cruiser, we kept that at Triton, but we were ready to move out before we sold it. The high and dry and restaurant did not exist and the docks were in rough shape. So as a destination it was not great, but we had a bunch of friends there, so the amenities did not matter much. The marina was sold and the new owner started selling the wet slips, driving out some long term tennenants, including a few of our friends. We sold our boat, figured we would not use it much with a baby on the way and plans for a second in few years

14 Years later...
The restaurant is there, good pub grub, fair prices. The high and dry is up and running. The fixed docks are still in need of serious repair, our old finger pier is more wobbly than ever.
If I had a sleepable boat, I would probably not even consider Triton at this point but for high and dry for a runabout it topped my list. We spend very little time at the marina, get there get on boat and go. Sometimes have a beer and burger when we get back.

Pros
Price, Distance, Helpful staff, Clean Bath houses, moderately priced restaraunt, gas discount, park like setting.

Cons
Occasional low water, never stopped us from going out or coming back, if I was dragging out drives I would have thought twice about it a couple of times. It is worst at the very low tide that occurs about once a month. If this happens with a strong sustained wind out of the north east it can look like someone drained the river

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Andy, your the man and thanks for taking time to post. Will be waking up early Saturday to head down and winterize and make final desition.

Only thing I hate but love about a new hobbie is buying cool things. Maybe us locals next year can help each other winterize our boats.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
very clean looking boat good luck!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat. She looks clean!

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Andy, and crew. It's official.... Took the boat down to Triton today and did the winterization and put her to rest. Looking forward in the spring catching up.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Jluzader : SUPER choice in boats and super photos. Thanks for sharing and enjoy this incredible new toy a ton !!!!!!!!
Many GREAT boating days your way.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my nice @DUSTOFF deal today too. @Jluzader , I like the pic where you have bags covering the jets. I haven't done that before as part of winterization but i will wrap them up tomorrow.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@4x15mph thanks, I put some grease in places then spray with anti corrosion and bag the ends. Keeps birds and other elements out.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @Jluzader and congrats on the new boat. It looks great.