• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Fireworks on the Water are Awesome!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes they are!
We lunched at waukegan harbor to watch 4th july show the last 2 years.
Last year watched the waugegan show from in the harbor about 200 ft from where they where lighting them.
This year lake michigan was calm and we watched outside of the harbor in open water; We could see about 12 fireworks shows from waukegan to navy pier. It was pretty spectacular.

We just had a great post 4th of July fireworks show abut 2 weeks ago. . . . . It was a BLAST, literally. I tried to upload the vid, but I have to edit it first.

We've watched from Waukegan too! Agreed....awesome from the water

This was the Fox Lake Venetian Night on Pistakee. I usually avoid these events because they bring out the stupid people but in the end it all seemed worth it.

When I was a kid growing up on the water I wanted to see fireworks from the boat every year. I believe we actually did once, but my father was always worried about what could go wrong boating at night in a crowded area and obviously the answer to that is "A LOT."

Funny though, now that I'm the operator of my own boat I don't see going out much at night either, no matter how much fun it is. :D

When I was a kid growing up on the water I wanted to see fireworks from the boat every year. I believe we actually did once, but my father was always worried about what could go wrong boating at night in a crowded area and obviously the answer to that is "A LOT."

Funny though, now that I'm the operator of my own boat I don't see going out much at night either, no matter how much fun it is. :D

We go and take the kids. We find a shallow spot near the shore. When the fireworks are over we give the crazies time to leave. Then make our way home. We have sober adults driving and watching out for any boats getting close.

Back