• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time ropeless this weekend

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So we've dabbled around surfing and finally bought another bag at the end of last year. We now have 2 800 lb and 1 450. We filled the ski locker 800 lb bag, put 800 lb on port side seat and 450 on floor port side. We also just bought the Space Pickle board. Finally went ropeless. The first time I went about 4 min but nobody was filming until the end and never really went that long again, but it was fun. There were only 5 people in the boat and 2 of them under 100 lbs. I can imagine it would be easier with more weight or people in the boat. Considering the wedge now that we are hooked. Here is a little video. Suggestions welcomed.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have fun !!!! That's my suggestion !!! It's a blast !!!!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@scokill awesome! I got the SP and ballast over the winter and now I can't wait to get out there after watching that!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome! Going in a big circle toward the surfer will clean up the wave some.
I tried that when we were setup on the other side. We didn't add the 450 until I went though. I think we need another 450 bag or more/bigger people. The 450 made a difference. I think eventually we are getting the wedge.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@scokill awesome! I got the SP and ballast over the winter and now I can't wait to get out there after watching that!
I was surprised at how light and buoyant the SP is...It's also pretty nimble although we are noobs. I'm down to 200 lb from high of 235 last year and that made a big difference. I'm hooked now!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Its a lot of fun. Like everyone else, just have fun with it!!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Man I am getting excited! Our season is right around the corner, lake temps are climbing and the end of the month I will be on the water for memorial day weekend. My ballast has shipped, expecting it this week.... I know I am going to regret no having the Perfect Pass this year but if things get a little better and I get ahead I still have plenty of time to buy it before summer is over...

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@scokill , very cool. Is that lake Ray Hubbard? If so, where do you launch from? Haven't been on that lake in years and looking for an easy place to launch.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Awesome! It looks like we made similar upgrades over the winter! I bought a Space Pickle as well (mine is 5' though) added some ballast and it appears you bought the same rope and handle as I did :) Man I can't wait for the water to warm up some!!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@scokill , very cool. Is that lake Ray Hubbard? If so, where do you launch from? Haven't been on that lake in years and looking for an easy place to launch.
Yes, on Hubbard. We live just off of lake. Now that the lake is almost full we use the ramp in Rockwall off 66. If you don't mind paying the marina behind snuffers is our second choice and pretty nice.

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, on Hubbard. We live just off of lake. Now that the lake is almost full we use the ramp in Rockwall off 66. If you don't mind paying the marina behind snuffers is our second choice and pretty nice.
Any problems with the vegetation on the 66 ramp? I remember way back it was pretty thick.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any problems with the vegetation on the 66 ramp? I remember way back it was pretty thick.
There is some but no issues last week and it will only get better. Just avoid higher throttle

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like a lot of fun!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander