• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fish Locker as Cooler

Rei_210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello!

Has anyone used the fish locker as a cooler? if so, did the ice melt relatively quick?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have not used the bow fish box as a cooler but I have used the live well as a cooler, filled with ice and water bottles. The ice stayed all day. I had the plug in so the melted ice water stayed in the live well.

WiredKC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We use the bow fish box for kids drinks. It does as well as a cheap cooler, nothing like our Yeti though.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It will stay colder longer if you put a plug in the drain so the water from the melted ice does not drain out.

Rei_210

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks all! any particular plug size?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I want to say 3/8 but I don't remember. Measure the inside of the hole to be sure. I dont have my boat at home to check.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes you can use it as a cooler, obviously not the most insulated. It does well enough for the day. Works well for easy access to adult beverages at the stern of the boat. Also, you will want a 1" plug for that livewell. I bought one off amazon "SeaSense Stainless Steel Drain Twist Plug (1- Inch)" i dont necessary like the twist style, but is easy to get the diameter adjusted where it fits tight.