• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Fix for Clip on Mooring Cover

Shookie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Any ideas on a fix for this? The cover has the plastic clips on each side of the cover/boat. Guess I cranked too hard tightening it.....

1.jpeg

They sell various kinds of replacement clips for backpacks and such that allow you to clip it on without sewing. Here's an example: Amazon.com: Field Repair Buckle 1 Inch Plastic Buckles 1 inch Side Release Adjustable Buckle 1 Inch 2pc Quick Release Buckles with a Ladder Lock 1 Inch

That one looks particularly sturdy. But look around amazon and you'll see different ideas along with measurements.
Thanks for that, checking it out now. Couple reviews say it's not great with a large pull force... If anyone reads this and has actually had to replace theirs, I would love to know what you used.

Circling back on this again..... that new clip broke. Guess I must be tightening the cover too much... but for 3 years never had an issue and 2nd time using the clip it broke. Gonna get another one but not thrilled it already broke.

I'm honestly debating using carabiners now.... Don't like the idea of them potentially scratching paint if 1 of my kids isn't careful, but I know they won't break.

Circling back on this again..... that new clip broke. Guess I must be tightening the cover too much... but for 3 years never had an issue and 2nd time using the clip it broke. Gonna get another one but not thrilled it already broke.

I'm honestly debating using carabiners now.... Don't like the idea of them potentially scratching paint if 1 of my kids isn't careful, but I know they won't break.
How tight are your cranking it? I only tighten it enough to pull the stern area down to ensure there is no pooling there.....doesn't take much....

How tight are your cranking it? I only tighten it enough to pull the stern area down to ensure there is no pooling there.....doesn't take much....
Obviously too tight :).... I crank it fairly tight to make sure I don't get any standing water. No issues for almost 3 years and then an original clip snapped so I chalked that up to it just wearing out from years of use/exposure. Then a new one snaps right away.

Obviously too tight :).... I crank it fairly tight to make sure I don't get any standing water. No issues for almost 3 years and then an original clip snapped so I chalked that up to it just wearing out from years of use/exposure. Then a new one snaps right away.
The one inch version does look like the clip points might be beefier....

The clip on my Bimini top broke so I bought a really strong carabiner clip has like 8000lbs break limit. It worked really well for the top it clips right into the loop where the buckle was attached.

Following up, I went with a carabiner instead of another plastic latch. I'm not worried about this breaking....
IMG_9022.jpg

Back