• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flooding in Texas - Any Members Need Help?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you could make it stop raining and raise temperature about 30 degrees and also while you're at it, drop the lakes down to normal level. That would be great!

All kidding aside, we are fine where we are at. Thank you for the offer and concern.

christopherglenn

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can send any excess water out west. We have more then enough room behind the dams to hold it. -Thanks

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We've had a few "frog chokers" in the area, especially yesterday. Just temporary flooding in my area that dissipates in 5 minutes once the hard rain stops.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Ray Roberts may close the FM922 bridge across the western most fork again this weekend. It wasn't closed for 24 hours last time 2 weeks ago, because it was just a pond that backed up and spilled over the roadway. But the lake level now is almost up the bridge bottom. I am shocked at the level, as they are releasing water rapidly, but we keep getting rain. That in turn is keeping Lake Lewisville low below us.

@jawsf16 , keep us posted on the water table and level of your lakes now that you guys are getting some rain as well. How is your neighborhood? I hear some apartments were evacuated, is that near you guys? Is it the rapid accumulation or is it that now your lakes/drainage is full and it has no place to go?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the concern gents. Flooding isn't too bad here yet, although a few neighborhoods have been evacuated. Spent most of Wed night and Thursday helping a couple of guys in my squadron prepare their homes to be evacuated. The police force is doing a great job monitoring the areas to prevent any looting, but most folks here are armed to the teeth anyway! When I flew on Thursday I could already see a few streets being swallowed up. Our problem is the river has swelled and the run off plus steady rain is just too much. On the plus side our lakes went from about 20% combined to around 80% or so. Long term it is a good thing, but short term it is causing some damage. We went from extreme drought to flooding in about two weeks - very similar to 2007.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Update on flooding here. Our combined three lakes went from 25 to over 90% full in about two weeks. Down south near San Antonio, Canyon Lake shot up eight feet overnight and is full for the first time in a long time. Of course Texoma is over the spillway. Rain has been pretty slow the last two days for us, most of it went to Dallas (sorry guys), so they are expecting flooding to crest tonight and then recede.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don't think we received the rain up north of DFW like it was forecast. I don't know what we got, but it wasn't the 6+ inches. The original flood warning just north of Gainesville yesterday afternoon called for the Red River to reach 37.6' above the riverbed. Late last night, it had been altered to only crest near 34'. So while it is still flooding above 25', it is not as far reaching in that area. The I-35 service roads close to the river and down by Valley View are all that have been closed I think. Don't know about our Farm to Market road, we will check on it today. Everyone stay safe!

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
South Texas hill county got hit hard last night with 8-10 inches of rain in 24 hours. As @jawsf16 said, local Canyon Lake jump up 8, now 10 feet overnight! The local river behind my house is up 30-35 feet. Lots of friends stuck, some possibly for a week are more, but all safe as far as I know.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have never seen this much widespread flooding before in Texas. I guess EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas! Droughts, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes...