• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Flushin the engines

Dave Rintel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
sorry if this has been asked before but something occurred to me at the lake today. I run the boat in the lake all morning and then once it's out of the water I flush the engines. Then I realize that the water I'm flushing with is the same water in the lake and that it circulates through the engine the same way. Since my boat is on a lift in deep water I'm not sucking in dirt I might be if driving up to a trailer. So what is the advantage of flushing?

Not much point in flushing engines when boating in fresh water....unless you think you might have sucked up sand/mud etc.

I only flush after salt water usage. Most of my boating is on the third cleanest lake in the country so, like you, I see no point in flushing.

I don't flush in fresh water...the only thing I do at the end of our day is blow out the water and done.

Flushing in fresh water is good if you boat in a silty water or in a high mineral content. Minerals and silt can clog cooling passages very easily.

I flush with salt away even in fresh water for mineral build up. Worth the 3 bucks to flush it with salt away.

Back