• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

For those wanting a bigger Jet Boat...

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure I agree with the following paragraph:
While Hunt Yachts has a wide range of propulsion options available, this newest launch, and now flagship of the product line, is powered by Hamilton Water Jets -- a Hunt specialty. Jets give the Hunt 80 a draft of only 4’ (1.22 m) – exactly the hull draft -- that makes her ideal for shallow cruising grounds such as Florida and the Bahamas -- to say nothing of eliminating the problem of lobster pots.
I can't imagine the nightmare of sucking in a rope into a Hamilton Waterjet.....!!!!

Cool looking boat though

@MikeyL I'm pretty sure they come in red!!!

Do you think I can trade mine in? Ha I don't think I could afford the fuel! But it would be fun!

I was interested until I realized that I can't trailer it :confused:

As if.

Not sure I agree with the following paragraph:
While Hunt Yachts has a wide range of propulsion options available, this newest launch, and now flagship of the product line, is powered by Hamilton Water Jets -- a Hunt specialty. Jets give the Hunt 80 a draft of only 4’ (1.22 m) – exactly the hull draft -- that makes her ideal for shallow cruising grounds such as Florida and the Bahamas -- to say nothing of eliminating the problem of lobster pots.
I can't imagine the nightmare of sucking in a rope into a Hamilton Waterjet.....!!!!

Cool looking boat though

Seems there are a few precautionary features to aid in blockage removal around the 5:25 mark. nice pump system indeed.

Hamiltons are about as stout as the Jets come and will either block it from going in or just "process" almost anything that gets through. Has to do a bit with the impeller design if I recall.

Those drives do look quite awesome. I wonder how large the units on something like that 80 footer are. I have to imagine they use a significantly larger volume pump than what you'd find on a smaller boat. The bucket design shown in the Hamilton video seems pretty similar to what the Rotax packages use.

Ok, so who is going to be the first to volunteer to try to retrofit their Yammi with a couple of these puppies?

:)

Hamilton makes smaller pumps but I believe they need like 300 hp or more. If you had our two engines hooked to it that would be perfect but otherwise wasting the money.

Hinckley Yachts are some of my favorite boats. They also use the Hamilton jets and their draft is under 2 feet.

Back