• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Found an unidetified switchy thing under my dash

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was looking at the wiring under my dash in anticipation of putting in some interior LEDs and I noticed this little blue switch thing hanging from the dash. I have no idea what it is...hope it is something really cool? Anyone want to wager a guess? It appears to be hanging from the speedometer.

Little blue switch.png

Its the secret turbo switch Yamaha never told us about. :) Some sort of rheostat. Can you see what its wired to?

Oh ! This one's eazy !

It's the volume control for the noise level factor.
LOL.

It's actually sorta a turbo for real...LOL It's the calibration knob for the speedo. If you turn it all the way up, it looks like you're going FAST....Fire up the GPS on a smartphone and see what speed you're going. You can tweak that knob to dial in your speedo. What I've found is that it won't be accurate at all speeds though. But it's close.

Funny that is was just hanging under your dash, it was in mine too. Is that really the factory location, just hanging?

It's actually sorta a turbo for real...
Funny that is was just hanging under your dash, it was in mine too. Is that really the factory location, just hanging?

@Big Shasta ............
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disappointed.
I felt my reply to @Stefan Fromm was "better" .......... LOL !
Take Care, Mikey Lulejian - On the big pond of Lake Oconee, GA

I have that on my boat too. It's wired to the seat massager. Just don't turn it all the way up! Or else you'll find out how the boat SPINS! :eek:

I wondered if it was a fine tune adjuster for the speedo. I was fearful that by using the technical jargon I did you guys wouldn't understand what I was talking about...so good job there!:thumbsup:

Stock Yamaha flux capacitor.
Don't mess with it.
When you hit 88 mph you will see what it does.

Whatever you do DON'T TURN IT TO THE LEFT!!!!!

I'm hoping they carried it over to the 24' boats. Someone on yjb (aka the other site) claims to hit 60+ mph "all day long" after just a few simple mods. Maybe his speedos are off (I doubt it since the speed is supposed to be GPS based on the 24' boats).

I'm hoping they carried it over to the 24' boats. Someone on yjb (aka the other site) claims to hit 60+ mph "all day long" after just a few simple mods. Maybe his speedos are off (I doubt it since the speed is supposed to be GPS based on the 24' boats).
The DID @Ronnie. Our 2015 hit 73 MPH the other day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yooooooooooooooooooooooo Babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !
See y'all .............. I am off back to doin' backflips on my SeaDoo shortly !
See Ya !!!!!!!!!
(Love that knob)

Knobs, don't you just love knobs? Everytime I see them I feel like I need to tweak them!:winkingthumbsup"

Someone on yjb (aka the other site) claims to hit 60+ mph "all day long" after just a few simple mods.
The 5 guys still posting over there must be passing around some funny cigarettes! I'd love to see the photo of GPS screen on a 60+ MPH run in any 4 Cycle Yamaha model! (and the boat must be in the water....as the only way I know of to get these boats to 60+ is on the trailer behind your truck!) Or perhaps they've just turn up this knob!!! LOL Very simple MOD for sure! LOL :winkingthumbsup":rolleyes::meh::mooning:

So, you all are telling me that my 47 mph in no wake mode and my top speed of 103 mph are bogus?

Potentiometer is the proper term for the knobber.

Back