• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Front hatch not draining on 210 FSH

Jonyreb

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My front hatch isn’t draining properly around the lid. Water just sits there and will start molding if I don’t remove it. The line is not clogged because under pressure it drains perfectly but natural gravity it just stands. I currently had to pull the drain connection out and let it drain directly into the front cargo space. I’m thinking there is a belly somewhere in the drain line but haven’t found it. Any ideas or help would be appreciated

My front hatch isn’t draining properly around the lid. Water just sits there and will start molding if I don’t remove it. The line is not clogged because under pressure it drains perfectly but natural gravity it just stands. I currently had to pull the drain connection out and let it drain directly into the front cargo space. I’m thinking there is a belly somewhere in the drain line but haven’t found it. Any ideas or help would be appreciated
Found a great You Tube video with a fix, see below

Unfortunately… if you read the comments on youtube under this vid you will see he was still having some issues with it draining. I followed this vids advice and had the same results.. slightly better but still not draining correctly.

What I think will help is to find a 1 &1/2 splice / connector, but instead of a 3/4” T I’d like to find a Wye fitting. I also think that running the 3/4” line back further towards the firewall at the rear of the engine compartment and placing the T / Wye fitting there will aid in draining since it is a lot lower there than at the front of the engine compartment.

Also, go inside the head / changing room and make sure there are no low spots in this drain line. I got some stick on ty wrap mounts and tied that drain line up and descending as best I could through the head / changing compartment.

Another thing to make sure of, is that the fitting that the 3/4” drain line in the 5 gallon bucket locker hatch is sealed well. Mine was leaking and dribbling water onto my trolling motor battery bank which was less than desirable.

Thank you. That seems to have fixed it. I really appreciate the advice.

I am having the same problem. I mentioned it to the dealer and he recommended snaking the drain which I did with no success. My boat is brand new so I plan to take it back to the dealer to make them fix it. The above posts mentions that after he posted this video he continued to have problems according to comments left on You Tube. I watched the video directly from You Tube, without using the link from this site but did not see any other comments. I am sure it is operator error on my part. If someone else can see those comments please provide a link or paste the comments here. Has anyone else had this issue recently? Your thoughts?

I am having the same problem. I mentioned it to the dealer and he recommended snaking the drain which I did with no success. My boat is brand new so I plan to take it back to the dealer to make them fix it. The above posts mentions that after he posted this video he continued to have problems according to comments left on You Tube. I watched the video directly from You Tube, without using the link from this site but did not see any other comments. I am sure it is operator error on my part. If someone else can see those comments please provide a link or paste the comments here. Has anyone else had this issue recently? Your thoughts?

What I’m going to end up doing is to put in a small shower sump with a pump in it right below where the drain comes down into the head compartment. Will just tap off of one of my trolling motor batteries for power. I’ve tried re routing the line in several different ways but it still doesn’t drain correctly. There just isn’t enough drop to allow it to function correctly. I also looked at trying to go right out the side but the liner is in between the hull and the head compartment and it would require a large hole to be able to get to the hull.

If your dealer comes up with a fix please let us know!

My front hatch is doing the same thing. I will let you know my success. looking for a Y fitting now.

As of now my local dealer aka Marinemax is supposedly waiting for instructions from the Yamaha factory on how to handle the issue. The dealer did use pressurized air to clean in out and supposedly some material left over from the manufacturing process was removed. It now works better but it’s far from perfect. It does drain but very slowly. It’s Lima a bath tub draining where the water turns into a whirlpool while draining. A simple rain is not typically a problem but simply wash down the front if the boat with a hose is too much for the drain and it overflows. I am going to contact the dealer and push him some more. I will let you know the outcome.

I’ve got the same issue on my 2019 FSH 210. ?

So, this post has to do with the floor locker in front of the center console on the 210 model. Where are you having the issue ?

My front hatch is doing the same thing. I will let you know my success. looking for a Y fitting now.
so I wasnt able to find a Y fitting but I used Amazon to its fullest... found this
90 degree SS fitting 3/4" Barb x 1/2" NPT Female
90 degree fitting.png

rerouted the line from the front hatch making sure that it was level running back thru the console...... Discovered that from the factory the line humps over the fuel fittings on the fuel tank...... but there was just enough squeeze room to re run it along the top of the tank and go in-between the tank fittings....... that takes off like 1- 1.5 inches of rise (which from the factory was enough of a hump for it not to run down hill to the engine compartment). Added a little length up front and used a 3/4 barb connector in the console so the drain line would have more length in the engine compartment

Added a 1.5 inch hose fitting where the original factory drain connection was in the engine 1 1/2 barb connector
1.5 inch nylon fitting.png
cut the drain line in the engine compartment a little further back (puts the fitting further downhill) cut out about 2 inches out of the original line to take out some of the slack and reinstalled the factory fitting. turned the fitting on the side....... Snipped 1/2 inch off the barb fitting and JB marine weld epoxied(the threads were catching on the existing barb so a perfect size) the SS 90 degree fitting on and reconnected the line when cured. All ziptied in to keep line level so it flows, it now looks like this.
drain line reroute.jpg
and now it drains...... not real fast, but there was no standing water around the front hatch after the 4 hours of storms Saturday evening. So no more green hatch water!!! I call that a win.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for posting the parts used that helps a lot. One of the things that bug me the most on our boats is the drainage. I hate looking in my engine bay and having an ugly ass hose sagging between the motors as well.

Thanks for the post!! Glad you got it working!

Question, what’s this?

IMG_3637.jpeg

Thanks for the post!! Glad you got it working!

Question, what’s this?

View attachment 200484
Those are Cycle Springs fogging ports. One on each engine. has adapter up on filter cover so that when its time for winter....crank em up and insert the spray extension and give a 10 second spray so the intake and valves get coated. PO explained it as part of the CS Salt Series fogging kit to help keep corrosion down if you ride a lot in salt water/brackish. PO was on gulf coast florida so he flushed/fogged pretty regularly.

Last edited:
Those are Cycle Springs fogging ports. One on each engine. has adapter up on filter cover so that when its time for winter....crank em up and insert the spray extension and give a 10 second spray so the intake and valves get coated. PO explained it as part of the CS Salt Series fogging kit to help keep corrosion down if you ride a lot in salt water/brackish. PO was on gulf coast florida so he flushed/fogged pretty regularly.

Ah, cool beans! My initial thought was you were measuring vacuum differential or something.

So, this post has to do with the floor locker in front of the center console on the 210 model. Where are you having the issue ?
The front hatch in front of the center console. Like all the others in here it will drain but only if I lift the front of the trailer WAY UP. I am playing with the drainlines but that still doesn't help much. My main deck drain behind the center console drains super slowly too but I think I can sort of help that one drain.

The front hatch in front of the center console. Like all the others in here it will drain but only if I lift the front of the trailer WAY UP. I am playing with the drainlines but that still doesn't help much. My main deck drain behind the center console drains super slowly too but I think I can sort of help that one drain.

I think the best solution would be to put a small shower sump under the hatch on the battery tray, let the water drain into it then integrated pump will just pump it down the hose.

The only other thing I thought of was to drill an over size hole in the liner so you could put a thru hull right there next to where the drain is. I’d want to run a camera up in there first though. Then would take care of it properly.

I do not have this boat, so I am asking how water is getting in under the hatch and down into the locker? I totally understand the trailer part. Where does the deck water pool and leak in around the locker curbing/seal? Assuming that the source of water is not from wet gear. Curious.

Last edited:
Back