• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 210 rod protectors in lockers

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just curious if anyone has installed any sort of rod tube protectors inside the storage lockers? I'm a little concerned I may end up with some broken rod tips with them being fully exposed.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Someone used PVC, can‘t recall exactly where I saw that though. Should be easy enough to attach.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After a broken rod tip, I installed black ABS using 3M 4200 to glue it in place.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Found some black 2" abs at the hardware store the other day and planned making some sort of flange to attach to the oem trim ring. Did locate some tubes made to fit but at $49 each I think I can make my own for about $10 total

washipdog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I broke a rod tip taking one of my rods out of the hole. It was mostly my fault but this is a good idea because my family is always throwing things in the cheek panels. Eventually a bag strap or something is going to catch on one of my rod tips and break it.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yep the wife almost broke one of my new rods the other day. I have an idea and will give it a try this weekend. If it works I'll post some pics

Last edited:

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The FSH has a completely different floor plan . However that was a great idea.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well I've finally come up with a solution on the extended rod protectors going into the storage lockers. I picked up four angled plastic rod holders cut the very end off which had a stop molded into them. I went down to the local sporting goods store and bought four putter sleeves that go into a golf bag. That sleeve fits perfectly over the outside of the rod holder. The angle on the top flange of the rod holder is nearly perfect to the angle molded into the 210. I'm planning on gluing the two pieces together and simply running longer screws through the face plate that's currently installed on the 210. Based on what I can see this should work perfect I'll post after pics once I'm done.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks great!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Installed last night. Angle is off a little but gets the job done. No more worries about breaking rod tips that were exposed in the storage lockers. Total cost $40
Those turned out great! Can you please tell us what the brand / manufacturer of the plastic rod holders you used?

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Will do. I actually may take them back out and heat them up with a heat gun to get the angle just right.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Rod holders are made by Atwood 30 degree flush mount. I picked mine up at Wolfs Marine Supply in Benton Harbor MI for only $4.95 each. There is a molded in stop at the bottom of the tube . I simply cut off the very bottom 1 inch to eliminate that stop. The putter golf bag tube slides right over the outside of the rod holder as if it was made for it. So I have about $40 total invested. I ended up installing longer screws for the outside covers and was able to hold the rod tube tight enough against the inside of the boat to secure it. Hope that helps

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes it does help!

Thanks very much!

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, I really can't believe that this is the only post I can find regarding this topic. My last boat was a 17' aluminum bass boat. Small, but it actually had proper fishing rod storage. This new 210 FSH I have now, not so much. I really can't believe that these boats do not have a compartment to store rods while not in use. And the 'storage' that it does have, for only 4 rods, are terrible at best. But, I'm so glad for this forum! FYI for anyone looking to do this too, the Attwood plastic rod holders are tough if not impossible to find anymore. Had to order via Ebay. Thank you for posting this info and helping all of us. Now after modding this for 4 rods, I need a plan to store my other rods...

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well, I really can't believe that this is the only post I can find regarding this topic. My last boat was a 17' aluminum bass boat. Small, but it actually had proper fishing rod storage. This new 210 FSH I have now, not so much. I really can't believe that these boats do not have a compartment to store rods while not in use. And the 'storage' that it does have, for only 4 rods, are terrible at best. But, I'm so glad for this forum! FYI for anyone looking to do this too, the Attwood plastic rod holders are tough if not impossible to find anymore. Had to order via Ebay. Thank you for posting this info and helping all of us. Now after modding this for 4 rods, I need a plan to store my other rods...
Ironic you should post on this topic as I recently saw but did not check into plastic rod tubes T-H Marine’s catalogue. Thanks for posting about the Atwood ones.. I will have a look around to see what I can find. Having these rod protectors is pretty important in my book to keep from breaking the tips off of stowed rods. I bought the pieces and parts listed above but did not install them yet as I was not sure it would be worth it since the golf club tubes that I bought were so flimsy, a day bag tossed into the storage area with rod tips in there would probably not fare well.

Can you post a few pics of your rod protector set up?

There is a hollow space on each side of the boat aft of the storage pods that runs all the way back to the stern storage compartments. The only issue with this space is that there is raw fiberglass in that area. I recently bought some 9’ two piece Shimano Talora trolling rods. I wanted the two piece so I could stow them in the vertical rod holders on either side fo the helm during trans port or when I put the non yamaha cover on, not to mention the yamaha cover. I was thinking with a proper rod sleeve poles could be stored in this hollow area to keep rods out of site while traveling to prevent the five finger discount from happening or at least deter it. It would also be a good place to store the 7’ oar I bought (everyone should have an oar like this on their boat) as it will only get used rarely hopefully. I could have used it when I inadvertently ended up on a shoal in 54* water and my friend jumped in to push us off… I still feel bad about that… had I had that oar no one would have to get wet.

jjwelly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry if I was unclear as to where I'm at in this process. I've only ordered the rod holders. I have not received them yet, nor have I bought any tubes. I plan to check out the golf club options, as well as other ideas. I am happy to share my install as I go along. I've been working on this boat since November. Trolling motor install, chart plotter install, aux power panel in helm, onboard batt chargers, cobra jet, swim platform mats, porta toilet, trailer dolly. Boat has yet to touch water. There's a lot that needs to be done to make this a fishing boat. The lack of a real storage compartment is crazy to me, but, this is the boat that the wife and I compromised on. I think we'll be happy with it. Really the only option I see, for rod storage other than the 4 provided, is using the front port storage locker. It's open inside, allowing rod tubes to be run at full length all the way back on the inside. The starboard side is not open so this is not an option. It's also a waste that they only installed 2 holders/side, as there's room for three at least.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No worries!

Sounds like you have been doing a fair amount of work to get it ready to sail come this season.

What is the aux power panel in the helm for ?

I agree that three horizontal rod holders on each side would be nice.. while more storage is always better, I have found I have a lot of room for just about everything I need. The head compartment holds a lot of stuff. I’m moving my down riggers from the port bow storage to the head compartment by mounting a couple of mounting pucks on the vertical portion of the star board so I can have the port bow storage empty for guests or what I like to all transient storage.