• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Grab Handle Replacement

scarab165

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Hello guys , I have a 2015 Scarab 165 and I am trying to figure out how to get to the bolts that hold the 2 grab handles on the port side of the boat. Looking to replace them with Stainless Steel Grab Handles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, picture attached for reference only.

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Woah, that is a good question. I snaked wires by there and everything... not sure how you would do that.

scarab165

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I am yet to find out myself lol

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Yep, that's what i did! Then you can easily access the back! Good point!

scarab165

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
that makes sense, as for the two additional speakers does it get tapped into the other two for wiring ? or is there another way of running them ?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
that makes sense, as for the two additional speakers does it get tapped into the other two for wiring ? or is there another way of running them ?
You could tap into the existing head unit, but it would sound better if you added an amp to the mix.....

Do you like how replacing a handle turned into news speakers and an amp in no time flat! LOL

scarab165

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
hahah that's what is all about forums and discussions lol

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
lol, this all sounds about right. I purchased a 4 channel amp, 500W. I ran the speaker wire and plugged all four correctly. Each speaker was 200W peak, 100W RMS which all works very well with the amp. You don't *need* a crazy good amp to get pretty decent sound... obviously it won't hurt! lol I went for pretty low end and I'm very happy with my results. I only had 35W RMS (70W peak) X 2 speakers. I have wayyyyy more sound and way better sound now since the speakers aren't at max all the time. Running the wires wasn't very difficult or expensive. I would recommend an amp that matches four speakers instead of tapping off the other.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If you have a 165 HO or 165 Impluse model they should be stainless.

scarab165

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Mine is 165 Ghost that is why I like to do the upgrade to the SS Grab Handles and have already ordered SS cup holders to switch out the ugly white plastic ones.

Attachments

Anthony909

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Have you tried reaching from under the bow seat storage right there? What about removing the side cushion to see if there is access behind it?

The picture you supplied with the stainless handles doesn’t have a speaker hole there which leads me to believe there is anyway.

Also, I believe the vinyl handles and spaced 7.5 inches center on center. All the ss handles I’ve seen say they are 8” center to center. What is the spacing on the handles you are looking at?

scarab165

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
That is a very valid approach however after taking the seat storage out there is no access to the handles anywhere even by removing the side cushions both the front and rear which makes me thing how this was assembled to begin with.

The white plastic handles you are right they are about 7.5 inches center to center but the other SS handles are 8" which means you have to use one existing whole and drill one new one.

I just need to know hot to get being the handle to bolt them in. As others on this forum have indicated the easiest access port would be by doing a speaker cut out, unless someone has any other suggestion .....

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Not a solution, but maybe they use some sort of "T" back piece like for drywall. That would mean they never had access themselves either! Drill a hole, insert T back piece, it opens behind wall and attach grab handle.

If that's the case, they you'd need to drill a hole for sure. Or they have some sort of special, long tool to hold a nut back there from the engine bay.

Nerg54

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Hello guys , I have a 2015 Scarab 165 and I am trying to figure out how to get to the bolts that hold the 2 grab handles on the port side of the boat. Looking to replace them with Stainless Steel Grab Handles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, picture attached for reference only.
Mine has an access maybe they changed the design you can probably add one

Attachments