• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Happy ONE WEEK Anniversary JETBOATERS.net!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can't believe its only been one week since we began this endeavor! In one week, I think we've added more features to an already feature rich board than that "other place" did in the last 3-5 years?

This is so much fun!

What else do members want???? Bring it on!!!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The new features of this forum are great! But I notice that some of us are missing a few of the features we had at the other place. Such as "active topics". We have "new posts" here if you are in "forums" and that is good, but is that the only way to see active topics?

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One section that might be fun is a section for boating food and drink. There were some ongoing threads "over there" that would pop up from time to time discussing recipes for both (and occasionally the right wine to enjoy with a fine cigar - @txav8r !)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oh YEAH! I loved our food and wine section! Even had a green egg thread going!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe a "Boating Lifestyle" section with separate threads for food, wine, gear, etc...

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The "New Posts" link on the top bar shows all posts that are new since your last visit and then posts that you have not read but are older than your last visit.

You can access it via https://jetboaters.net/index.php?find-new/posts

Where would you like to see a link to it at?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since I'm pretty slow at figuring computer things out. I'd love to see a topic that covers how some of the features work on this site.

For example:
1. why there are symbols on topics. Such as pins, glasses, etc.

2. I think that if there's a mini avatar of mine on top of a bigger one that that means that I've posted on that topic that was started by the member of the larger avatar.

3. Etc, etc.

Some of these I've figured out already. But it would be helpful to someone with little forum experience too.

Maybe there's already a "user guide" like that here already. If so, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great point Dennis. Also, how do I post a pic in a thread? Do I have to upload it to Photobucket and copy the URL?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
No girl...easiest thing to post a picture...unless it is too big. I think Bruce said we are limited to 3mb. But I just tried to upload a pizza pic that was 2.7 and it was too big. So just email it to yourself and select medium. That will shrink to fit! Then click to upload a file down at the bottom, pick the pic, and wala!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Suchawittygal , @txav8r I increased the max attachment size to 6 megabytes. You can either use the upload a file button below the edit window to pick the picture you want or you can drag and drop it into the edit window.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Since I'm pretty slow at figuring computer things out. I'd love to see a topic that covers how some of the features work on this site.

For example:
1. why there are symbols on topics. Such as pins, glasses, etc.

2. I think that if there's a mini avatar of mine on top of a bigger one that that means that I've posted on that topic that was started by the member of the larger avatar.

3. Etc, etc.

Some of these I've figured out already. But it would be helpful to someone with little forum experience too.

Maybe there's already a "user guide" like that here already. If so, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
If you are on a computer, you can point your mouse at anything you don't know what it is, and it tells you in hover text what it is. That said, here are a few tips:
  • Pin = Thread is a sticky
  • Glasses = you are watching that thread (you will be notified if someone replies)
  • Mini Avatar on top of big avatar=you posted on that thread

Below I have mapped out the interface and most of the thread buttons.....I'll put this in the Support forum too.
  • screen capture of posts.JPG

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Once again. Thanks Julian. You're awesome. That's exactly right. I haven't been on the site with a computer until last night.

I really do love the look and layout of this site. It's so much more visually pleasing. I love how it views differently if I turn my phone vertically vs horizontally.

You guys have really re-ignited my obsession!!! Thanks...

Now when my wife and kids say "let me guess, you're on that Yamaha Jetboater site again" I'll have to correct them "it's Jetboaters.net, that other site was so last year";)

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I do like the user interface. Veddy veddy nice. Forum needs a logo, though. I've got a mathematical brain, not a creative brain, so I'm out. But I'm sure there are some creative people out there...

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One of our first actions after the public launch will be a logo contest!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are on a computer, you can point your mouse at anything you don't know what it is, and it tells you in hover text what it is. That said, here are a few tips:
  • Pin = Thread is a sticky
  • Glasses = you are watching that thread (you will be notified if someone replies)
  • Mini Avatar on top of big avatar=you posted on that thread

Below I have mapped out the interface and most of the thread buttons.....I'll put this in the Support forum too.
BRAIN CRAMP!!!!

DoubleTrouble

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Does this site support/use the Tapatalk app service? I use that for several other boat related forums.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Working on two weeks now!