• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am sitting here in the picture window of our house in Raleigh, with the 2 dogs at my feet, gazing into the woods and realizing, as I often do, how lucky I am. I have so many things to be Thankful for!

With the recent passing of @MikeyL (my Mother, and a number of others close to me) I think that one of the things I'm most thankful for it being alive! My company recently hired Kevin Carroll to speak at our leadership meeting, and one of the things he said about his life was that his Grandfather (who raised him) would wake he and his brother up every morning, not with a yell but by tapping his foot on the floor. When he asked his granddad why he did this, he said- "Every day that you wake up above the ground is a good one! So rise and shine and have another GREAT DAY".

I'm thankful for:
  • Being alive
  • Being well
  • My fantastic family-wife Moira, Daugther Caitlin and our two dogs Bella and Winnie
  • My great Dad, brother, SILs, nephews, nieces, aunts, uncles etc
  • Living in America
  • Awesome friends (those reading this included)
  • My great job which allows me to live the cushy comfortable life that I do!
  • and so many other things....
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow. ~Edward Sandford Martin

One of Mikey's many Thanksgiving Memes:
stacked-x12-jpg.14934

Thanks everyone! Be safe and have a Great Day!

I am thankful for these @€£%¥# kidney stones because the pain makes me feel alive!

On a serious note I am grateful to have family and friends gathering to celebrate and enjoy time together today. We have a turkey and a ham smoking. Rana has made an array of wonderful desserts and sides. My Mother is bringing her wonderful stuffing. Emma and Gavin have decorated the house and fill it with laughter. Our guests will bring their many stories and their appetites. After the feast we have plans for a chess match, an air hockey competition, a shooting competition and naps!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Last edited:
images.jpg Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!

I am sitting here in the picture window of our house in Raleigh, with the 2 dogs at my feet, gazing into the woods and realizing, as I often do, how lucky I am. I have so many things to be Thankful for!

With the recent passing of @MikeyL (my Mother, and a number of others close to me) I think that one of the things I'm most thankful for it being alive! My company recently hired Kevin Carroll to speak at our leadership meeting, and one of the things he said about his life was that his Grandfather (who raised him) would wake he and his brother up every morning, not with a yell but by tapping his foot on the floor. When he asked his granddad why he did this, he said- "Every day that you wake up above the ground is a good one! So rise and shine and have another GREAT DAY".

I'm thankful for:
  • Being alive
  • Being well
  • My fantastic family-wife Moira, Daugther Caitlin and our two dogs Bella and Winnie
  • My great Dad, brother, SILs, nephews, nieces, aunts, uncles etc
  • Living in America
  • Awesome friends (those reading this included)
  • My great job which allows me to live the cushy comfortable life that I do!
  • and so many other things....
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow. ~Edward Sandford Martin

One of Mikey's many Thanksgiving Memes:
stacked-x12-jpg.14934

Thanks everyone! Be safe and have a Great Day!

Well said. I travel a lot as a pilot and I have seen a lot of the world. I will say this, the US is the best place to live. I don't say that for just pride, I say it from what I have seen. There is so much crap on the Media about life in the US and I think most of it is way blown up. I see people every day treating each other with respect. As Americans, we are really one big community. How many people do we see each day that we don't know but say hi to? We nod our head, wave, smile. I've been to so many places where the people won't even look at each other. Its so funny to see another American in Asia, we stand out, and just look at each other and say hi.

I have 3 great kids, great girlfriend and family. I'm finally getting to see my dreams of life come true,I'm 51, its about time!!! . I bought a lake house two years ago in Wisconsin and we love it. I bought the boat which has been great. I'm not bragging, I'm just thankful. This site has been great. Great info, no bitching, guys have been respectful. So to all of you, Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving. As I sit here digesting way too much food and reeling in the news of Mikey's passing, I repeat to you all what I told my family: I'm thankful for the fact that we are all in good health and we are all together. I am thankful that I have a steady job that pays enough for my wife to be a stay at home Mom. I am thankful for the roof over our heads and dog at our feet. We are truly blessed.

Back