• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Haulover claims a jet boat

Why was he sitting there with the yacht coming by? Wow just watched the whole video, 2nd Yammie helping got beached as well. TowBoatUS FTW. I would of towed it off shore 20 yrds and waited for the tow boat. Yammies wouldn't sink just fill up and wait there.

sad to see .... hopefully no one was injured. How did they get so close with the large yacht? Has the captain of the larger yacht failed to provide right of way to a vessel ahead of it? Pretty nasty move to just keep going...

probably a nasty lawsuit and insurance fight to come...

I love boat zone because I don’t have to listen to this guy. That dude is so annoying to listen to!!

I wonder what was attached to that line off the stern of that yacht.

In that situation I would have thrown my tsunami ballast pump in the cabin area and tried to pump the water out. Hopefully he has insurance

The captain was an idiot going through the inlet without knowing how to handle it or navigate it. Thinking now maybe he rented the boat?

Not having seen what lead to the point where it got swamped I would think the Yacht pushed their way through and did not give proper right away. I also wondered what the line was for coming off the back of the yacht.

Not having seen what lead to the point where it got swamped I would think the Yacht pushed their way through and did not give proper right away. I also wondered what the line was for coming off the back of the yacht.

Based on the short clip of the Yacht - the Yacht violated several rules of the road.

In that situation I would have thrown my tsunami ballast pump in the cabin area and tried to pump the water out. Hopefully he has insurance
I have previously thought that, I would use the tsunami pump in an emergency until I install a second bilge pump.

I have previously thought that, I would use the tsunami pump in an emergency until I install a second bilge pump.

The voice over was being more dramatic about the amount of water than he should have. The deck was completely drained when they were towing, a it was designed to do. You can even see by the water line on the side of the hull, they had it pumped out fairly well as time goes on, as they both looked to be 24 foot boats, and they had similar water lines after time.

The issue was, those motors were stalled for some reason. Probably the reason they were in a bad place when the yacht came by. Water in the bilge could have gotten in the engines if they had gotten them started.

Tough to say, but the amount of water in the boat was a temporary issue. No engines was the real issue as it went on.

Early in the video the boat being towed only had water coming out of one nozzle so only one engine was running. I would have taken any help I could get in that situation but can’t imagine just giving up and leaving my boat sideways on shore. Beach it properly / bow in, call and wait for tow boat US.

I learned from posts here That the worst thing you can do when you boat’s cockpit is swamped is open the engine hatch which will allow all the water in the cockpit to flood the engine compartment possibly killing the engines.

The operator may have panicked prematurely. Hindsight is 20/20 but I think he could have opened the floor hatch, allowed The water to drain into it and eventually into and out of the bilge while concurrently heading to shore on the operating engine. Beach the boat, allow the bilge pump to do its job, determine the damage, if any, and develop a plan of action from that point.

Without seeing this whole situation unfold in real time from a wide area view, it’s pretty tough to make a judgement call on who‘s to blame if anyone.

So per the voice over, the red boat stuffed the bow and got slowed down and that is what started this whole thing. The red boat still has a running engine when the yacht comes by. Was the red boat so close to the yacht in the first place that the yacht didn’t have time to react? I’ve watched a lot of these haulover vids and there are some pretty squirrely players out there getting way to close to the big boats, kinda like the Yugo on the freeway darting in front of a semi truck and slamming on the brakes. I’d like to think that a big boat owner would do whatever possible to avoid hitting another boat.

Having said that, these two boats are out there bobbing around in relatively calm water when the police boat shows up. Did the police boat tell them to try and get out of the inlet ? Then it looks like there they ran out of talent and got wayyyy too close to shore and ended up on the beach. Lack of situational awareness ?

With the red boat still so high in the water why would they loose an engine(s)? Did they have the air intakes modified from stock so that even with a low level of water in the bilge they engine(s) would ingest water? With the hatches closed there shouldn’t have been enough water getting into the bilge to swamp the engines with the stock air intakes. Also, while there isn’t really a good shot of the starboard side of the boat to tell whether or not the bilge pump is running.

Bad day for these guys, gladly no one appears to be physically hurt, ego’s not so much. This why you test your bilge pump to make sure it is in good working order, better yet, add another one of equal or larger capacity for the Oh Snap ! Moments. Make sure your self bailing cockpit drain is clean and free from debris. Keep all hatches closed. Don’t modify your boats snorkel air intake system.

Experience: Noun -Is what you get when you don’t get what you want.

It’s amazing no one was severely hurt there with the number of times they put themselves between those boats in really rough water.

That's kinda like riding a bicycle on the freeway, red boat was in trouble before yacht got there.
19' foot boat getting tossed like a turd in the toilet.:greedy:

This is either a video that just surfaced from a year ago or someone else trashed the exact same red Yamaha with AMG down the side. I recall seeing this same boat on YouTube getting pounded by the waves as it was beached for a few days. I remember the windshield frame even got ripped off. Or maybe the same guy didn’t learn the first time.??

This is either a video that just surfaced from a year ago or someone else trashed the exact same red Yamaha with AMG down the side. I recall seeing this same boat on YouTube getting pounded by the waves as it was beached for a few days. I remember the windshield frame even got ripped off. Or maybe the same guy didn’t learn the first time.??
Its probably old footage, Miami boat ramps channel is still posting crap from Febuary, maybe if they would do longer videos then 5 min they would get caught up and with there backlog.

Dont know what these people are thinking damaging 2 boats....boatus would have been there in 15 minutes and brought the disabled boat to dock even if its swamp they have a powerful pump they can use while being towed to remove water. But they did save $99 a year lol

Its old footage, not new.

Here is a different post of the incident from June 2020:

Jim

Back