• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Hello All, New 255 FSH Owner!

Ficovill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hello Jetboaters,

My name is Frank, and I am from South Florida (Homestead Area), New to Jetboats so I hope to meet new people and learn from all here. Here is my 2024 255 FSH on her maiden day, Elliot Key, FL.
Neptune's Crush.jpg

Welcome! You came to the right place for sure and enjoy that beautiful boat.

glad to have you on board, that's a beautiful boat !

be sure to go through the FAQ section, lots of great info in there, especially "how the cooling water flows",
consider a secondary bilge pump and high water alarm as some of your first additions,

This is a GREAT forum with amazing members. You've found a great resource for your boat. Enjoy the new toy. It looks great!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Already learning a lot from the threads.

Love it...do the black handles get hot on the t-top?

Did you buy it from Riva of the Keys?

I'm finding some warranty issues.
  • The changing room latch didn't engage and it would open by itself.
  • The helm leaks like sieve. Even where the console meets the deck and around the Simrad. I replaced the cup holder tubing with 3/16" tubing because the installed tubing was oversized and did not stay connected.
  • None of the six cup holders on the on the swim deck drained overboard. The 2 cup/rod holders had a kinked drain line and the other 4 cupholders weren't connected to the drain line and drained into the bilge.
  • There was a missing snap on the deck for the deckmats.
  • All of the forward cup and rod holders drain into the bilge. I am going to fix that.
All minor but annoying stuff for a boat that costs this much.
Otherwise I like it.

Last edited:

• The helm leaks like sieve. Even where the console meets the deck and around the Simrad. I replaced the cup holder tubing with 3/16" tubing because the installed tubing was oversized and did not stay connected.
  • None of the six cup holders on the on the swim deck drained overboard. The 2 cup/rod holders had a kinked drain line and the other 4 cupholders weren't connected to the drain line and drained into the bilge.
  • All of the forward cup and rod holders drain into the bilge. I am going to fix that.
Otherwise I like it.
Disappointing…hope you get it sorted quickly!

Similar to the issues on our last boat.
I already fixed the swim deck issues.
I have parts ordered to fix the remaining cup & rod holder drains.
I already scheduled the warranty work. I plan to talk to the dealer when they fix the helm leaks. I'm going to tell them about the swim platform issues and ask if they would notify Yamaha and get credit for the work I did. All told it took less than an hour for me to fix.

Has anyone had to calibrate their helm master ex? If so, what are the steps you had to do to get it dialed in?

Cat Meow.JPG

Love it...do the black handles get hot on the t-top?

I have not noticed anything out of the normal heat of South FL. They are flat powder black so that might make a difference (but I'm the newbie so Im probably wrong :) )

Otherwise I like it.

Hello, I bought it from RIVA MIAMI. So far no issues (knock on wood). It had the changing room latch broke when we were buying but it was changed on delivery.

Sounds like a Yamaha jet boat. Did your previous Yamaha have fewer defects?

If I wrote down all the issues I've discovered over the years on my 255 FSH, my list would have 10× the bullet points you listed above! ?

BTW, where the console meets the deck on my Yamaha, even though the deck has an "upturn" that should prevent water from flowing into the helm locker, the bolts that hold the console stanchions go right through the deck, and those holes were never filled. Therefore, water flowing on the deck alongside the footing of the console ends up inside the helm locker.

Way back when I first noticed this problem, I poured self-leveling epoxy onto the lowest section of the helm locker, right up to the level of the drain, to prevent water from pooling. I also covered the helm locker floor with Dri-Dek:

More recently, I used silicone caulk to seal the console to the deck and to the stanchions, leaving weep holes at the rear of the console where it meets the deck. Ever since I completed the sealing job, my helm locker has remained mostly dry during rainstorms and deck-scrubbings.

Back