• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Hello from Dayton, Ohio

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum. I did my fair share of viewing posts when Googling my boat before I bought it. I just bought a 2006 AR210. The sale included a second set of cushions and carpets, so I'll likely be trying to sell those in the classifieds in the near future.

A little bit about me: I am a seasoned boater in my late twenties. Married, two dogs, no kids. I grew up on a 16.5 foot open bow Baretta (pops finally sold last year - it was on its last leg, I think the buyer just wanted the engine). I have owned a few boats - a 95 Dynasty Elanti (clean boat, open bow, 3.0 mercruiser I/O. Currently FOR SALE!), a 95 SeaDoo Speedster (twin engine jet boat with a slew of issues), and a few different jet skis. My friends talked me into buying the AR210 because we wanted something bigger and more focused on watersports. I love to ski, but we also want to master our wakeboarding skills. I'd also like to add ballasts and attempt to wake surf. I live in Dayton, Ohio and my preferred lake is Caesar Creek. If I'm not there on the weekends, other quick trips include Brookville Lake (Indiana) and Indian Lake. I love going to Lake Cumberland, Dale Hollow, and Norris, but I only make it to any of those a few times a year.

Future (planned) mods for the AR210: I love winter boat projects (last year I completely rebuilt the 3.0 engine in my Dynasty, replaced the carpet, and did some fiberglass work to the dashboard among other things). For my new toy, I plan on doing the caster wheel, deflated tire, and shoehorn trick some other members have mentioned and squeezing the AR210 in my 7ft tall garage to fine-tune it to my liking over the winter. I want to add a tower anchor light, completely replace the stereo system, add some tower speakers, add a plumbed ballast system, get the rear bench re-upholstered, replace the depth finder, and re-design the dashboard to squeeze some more switches in the factory spots. I already cross-bolted and welded the bow stop. I was a little shocked the first time I took the boat out and the bow stop was wobbling around on the trailer. I also added a step on the bow stop. I sandwiched a steel plate between the winch and its mounting location on the trailer.

I like the boat so far. I'll try to post as I do any upgrades or mods so others can benefit from my learning experiences. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, tips, or tricks!

Attachments

• Boat2.jpg
    Boat2.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Boat4.jpg
    Boat4.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 8
Congrats on the new ride and welcome! We look forward to seeing photos of the boat now....and as you do mods! We'd be delighted to help spend your money/time on them too! :-)

Welcome aboard! The 2006 AR210 was my first foray into Yamaha Jet Boats and I loved it. It was the perfect size for when it was just the wife and I.

glad to have you on board, if you like skiing and boarding you may want to consider perfect pass speed control, it makes my life as a boat driver much easier,

Welcome and congratulations on the new boat.:Welcome:

Congrats on the new boat! Keep us updated on your winter projects. We love watching other people work. Lol.

Welcome to the club @vzimmer113 glad to have another member from Dayton join.

Thanks, @GiddYupJoe ... I was poking around the "Pictures from your last outing" thread and saw your post from a while back. I think I recognize that lake, and I also see some Tilton Hilton koozies in the photo! Indian Lake?

Thanks, @GiddYupJoe ... I was poking around the "Pictures from your last outing" thread and saw your post from a while back. I think I recognize that lake, and I also see some Tilton Hilton koozies in the photo! Indian Lake?
Yep. I keep my boat in a slip up at Indian. We are there as many weekends as possible all season long.

Welcome aboard! If you ever make it down to Cincinnati on the Ohio River let me know!

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new boat. I agree with what Scott posted above about getting a perfect pass system. It's really the only way to enjoy wakeboarding when somebody else is operating the boat. Anyway, glad that you found us and decided to join ;)

Back