• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help with water spraying out of the engine

Mdasunsolo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello guys !! I have SX230 Ho 2005 and it almost sunk on me yesterday!!! ... ill put a screen shot to see anyone knows what happend and if i can fix it my self !!! Thanks in advance Screenshot_20220719-101620_Video Editor.jpgScreenshot_20220719-101836_Gallery.jpg

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can you describe a bit better what the events were leading up this? Does the boat take on water when the engine isn't running? Does it take on water only when the engine is running? How long was the boat in the water? Are the pictures showing water actually flowing? It's hard to see past the wires...

Mdasunsolo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey !!! Yeah the mecanic is here and is telling me that the engine block rotted away because of salt acumulation in the veins and a hole burst in the cooling system. He has a quik fix with some type of resin so the family can enjoy the rest of the vacation ... and yeah water starts spraying when the engine is running and i never leave it in the water past 5 days "salt water " Acapulco México!!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh man…. That’s a major bummer. There are supposed to be anodes bolted to the sides of the pumps to prevent that from happening. I wonder if yours corroded away and we’re never replaced or something??

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you may consider a jetski mechanic, since these are ski engines normally those shops are much more familiar with the repair,

I can't really see in your picture where the problem is but we've got a couple of threads with '06 engine blocks "cracking"

what HP is your motor ?

@itsdgm

Mdasunsolo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys !! Well we sanded down to a hole " cuz that is what it is now " and applied some of the resin i spoke about "ill post a pic"... tomorrow ill put in the water see how it goes jajajaja the mecanic says not to go too far from the marina, guess i know what that means.
Also i really want to know if there is a way to flush the cooling system and getting rid of all the salt and build-up.. guess some kind of drano ... ill post some pics mañana !!! Thanks for the help
20220719_150051.jpg20220719_145658.jpg20220719_145658.jpg

Mdasunsolo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
you may consider a jetski mechanic, since these are ski engines normally those shops are much more familiar with the repair,

I can't really see in your picture where the problem is but we've got a couple of threads with '06 engine blocks "cracking"

what HP is your motor ?

@itsdgm
Hey!!! Yeah i have a forklift business and my manager says he can fix it by soldering the part. If not i guess i have tobuy a new block .. any ideas where i can find one?

Anyway thanks for the help!!!

Hp is 160 x 2 or at least thats what the yamaha guys said when they ran my serial number.

Mdasunsolo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh man…. That’s a major bummer. There are supposed to be anodes bolted to the sides of the pumps to prevent that from happening. I wonder if yours corroded away and we’re never replaced or something??
About to check the zinks see if i may have a loose cable passing current to the block... also just went for a ride and its not leaking with the quik fix " apoxy resin of some sorts" soooo guess the vacation is still on!!!... in 2 weeks im pulling the engines so ill keep you all updated.

Gracias and cheers from Acapulco!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Mdasunsolo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey hey
I just got back and yes !!! Anodes were stolen or something a few months ago because when I bought the boat they were there. So I had a guy cut some up for me from a bigger boat that donated them, and was able to go out with no major events. Also was able to patch up the crack and all seems in working condition. Thanks for the Help.. Have a great evening!!