• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hope this wasn't a member driving in the swim area on Big Lake MN???

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Its not like this isn't well marked as a swim area too! Also lucky he didn't suck up any ropes while being a bonehead! (From "Boat Fails" on FB)

1632424234489.png

WOW......

It was me. I seen a school bus filled with kids being chased by a shark, so felt it was my duty to drive really close, scare off the shark, and save the children. Sorry for the confusion. lol

Looks like he is doing a maneuverability test trying out his new fins.:eek:

I've driven in the swim area before.

Anchored off the side and let the boys play at the beach. Anchor didn't hold. Boat floated into the area before I could get to it. Wasn't a strong enough swimmer to drag it back out, so guess what.....had to drive it out.

I feel like this guy wasn't in there on accident though.

The boys expression says it all....

I see a lot of dumb stuff up here. We may have 10k lake but also about 10k morons between the lakes and the rivers....

Looks like he is doing a maneuverability test trying out his new fins.:eek:
This was my thought too.

Probably read on this forum to find a buoy and practice maneuvering around it. No one explained that you have to make sure it’s a legal buoy!

I'm not defending what he is doing, but there are situations in MN where the swim areas allow boats in at no wake. And that tall buoy should say "no wake" on it.

I know on Big Detroit Lake in Detroit Lakes, MN, the boats are allowed to pull in, as the public beach stretches for roughly half a mile. They allow boats to go in to beach and visit the establishments across the road. But it is a very strict no wake zone within 100' and inside the markers.

It is also the only place you can have alcohol. As you cannot have alcohol on "the beach" so folks roll in, beach their boat and sit on it while their families sit in the sand.

The photo above looks to be an area that may have boat access to the right. Not sure.

It's hard to tell but I don't think there is a X inside the triangle on the buoy... which means he would be fine, though something that roped off I wouldn't attempt to go in.

Back