• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How often do you change your spark plugs?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know it seems like most are once a year. But, it also seems like most don't put a ton of hours on their rigs either. I've done 30 hours so far this year, and I'm going to replace them again. Just curious of everyone elses habits (and by everyone else, I mean 4-stroke guys...obviously 2 strokes are a bit different)

Only once per year in the spring.

Once a year...I put a lot of hours every year on the boat and haven't pulled a plug that looked like it was fouled other than with fogging oil. Keep in mind we put spark plus in cars for years and put way more hours on them. They should be fine to change every year.

Once at the beginning of each season and I'm out almost every weekend.

Change mine once a year....probably put 40 hours on a year. Which is roughly the equivalent of 1400 miles

Once a year also, at the beginning of the season. I also fog at the end of the season so that's how I justify changing with running the boat 30-40 hrs/year. I also keep the plugs from the year prior (so long as the engine runs smoothly )as spares to keep on the boat.

Once per year, in the spring after I take out of storage and burn off the fogging oil.

Let's see. My boat is a 2010 with about 65 hours on it and I still change the plugs every year.

I run iridium plugs and change them every 4 years or so. I am due next year but if the boat is running top notch then I doubt I will replace them. After sitting all winter with fogging oil the engines started instantly. The iridiums in my truck are rated for 160,000 km. At the 160,000 change I was tempted to put them back in. Cam.

Every Spring during "De-Winterizing", and whenever there is a reduction in RPM of about 25%..... First choice of remedies.....

Like most of the above posts. I change them before the boating season and usually put about 40 hrs a year on them.

Back