• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to back in your boat.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I watched that episode when it came out, I'm pretty sure I was on the ground in the fetal position because I was cramping from the serious laughter. It was pretty awesome because we have all seen somebody do this. I'm glad I got the hang of it very quickly, but man, some people have trouble backing a car without a trailer, let alone with one.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Many moons ago I was out with my girlfriend and family st time on their boat over memorial day weekend. Her mom hated backing trailer in especially when many people were around.

I got elected to back in the trailer in a suburban i had never drove before. She was upset i backed it in pretty easily.

She is kinda like this video clip.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOW.....I'm doubled over laughing. That's hilarious.

We went out 4th of July to Patoka lake this year. We were prepped to leave as soon as the show was over, and were among the first back to the ramp. As I was backing in, and watching the small armada of boats coming in behind us I noticed an older couple getting out some folding chairs and a cooler in the grass right next to ramp. I had the windows down in the truck as I was backing down i was in the lane closest to them. I asked out the window "Come to watch some divorces eh?", They replied with "Usually one or two good ones a year on this night!". As I backed in nice and straight, and Shelly and I followed our normal routine getting the boat on the trailer with very little drama and only a few words spoken, they yelled back to us "Congrats on the happy marriage!"

If anyone is ever around Louisville on a summer weekend. Stop by Cox's park on the river near downtown. The boat ramp there has a nice big shade tree and some picnic tables that overlooks the water, ramp, and courtesy dock. There's always a crowd watching the boats go in/out, and the entertainment is usually pretty good.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
“Let’s boat!”

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm a truck driver so backing my 1st ever boat ,purchased in July, down the ramp was a piece of cake.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We laughed so hard! I recall the first few time doing that. Then when I started to back my Yamaha into it's slip all those memories came back especially on windy days!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I try to help people learn if they are willing to listen, if not I just walk away. My dad taught me how to back and I have no problem and I taught my son and daughter....its just something you gotta learn. I was at Lake Shasta walking up the ramp which was was probably 4-500' long and about 80' wide because of the low water. the whole way I was watching a pickup with a 8" lift, crappy mirrors weaving all over the place. I get up to it and its a young girl in tears trying to back the trailer while her asshat BF sat in the Malibu because he didnt want to tie to the dock. I offered to back it down but she said her BF would kill her if anybody touched his truck! I gave her some quick tips and told her to put her hand at the bottom of the wheel and to move the direction she wanted the trailer to go and she actually did a good job. Before she got all the way down I jumped in our 40' Moho, drove straight down the ramp and pulled a U turn at the bottom and backed in. She finally got backed in the water as the wife was pulling the boat up on the trailer and the BF yelled at the GF "why the hell didnt you just do that" which put her in tears again....my wife stood up in the boat and said to the girl "honey you need to get a new boyfriend, this ones an A$$ho#E" The girl thanked us both and said she might take our advice. You should have seen the BF's face....made my day :D