• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to determine steering cable length?

Pewaukee Dave

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2007 SX230 and I need to replace the steering cables before putting it away for winter storage. I don't have the time to pull the cables and measure them. I just want to order them and have them here before I tackle the job.

Does anyone have source that can tell me what length SeaStar Teleflex cables I need? Or a source to order them from that supply the proper cable length when I place my order?

You can pull the throttle quadrant out. The cable nomenclature is printed on the cables in the first 2 feet. On my 2006 SX230 they are 1 foot in length different. The port cable is 1 foot longer. Not sure if that's still true for the 2007.

I looked at the cables and the part numbers have worn away. I can read Teleflex but the numbers and letters after that are illegible.

There’s no need to worry about how to measure a boat steering cable. The ways are simple and uncomplicated. Everyone can easily follow the steps, and you only need to be attentive with the numbers. You may write them down to not forget them.

Last edited:
Back