• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How's that old saying go?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All day today. This thing is just silly!!

AND. It has a TRUE neutral. And a brake. And electronic trim. I'm definitely in love with it already.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dude, you know what happens now. Thats what you will use more. I've taken out my boat maybe twice in a month and a half.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The bucket comes down (electronically) and directs the water straight out to each side. Comes down further for reverse.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ScarabMike , we're already talking about buying another one. LOL

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
AWESOME...Go Steelers.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can steer in neutral, too. :p This new RIDE system is pretty cool.

Is it just me, or does this thing sit ridiculously high on the trailer? When launching, the back tires of my truck are in the water to get deep enough to get the ski off. Google image search looks like most skis sit much lower on the trailer.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's your trailer, it's not designed just for PWC's. I've got one similar that holds a 12' RIB with a deeper v hull.

You might be able to bring those bunk brackets down but might need a rubber frame protector so the front keel doesn't hit the trailer frame.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Sweet

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Woohoo, looks sweet.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek nice ski you will love it. Those triton trailers all sit like that we have a triton double and a road king single trailer and the road king sits almost a foot lower. We used the triton to pull both skis down for the bimini Trip and did 1200 miles no issue. As mentioned earlier if you buy a second one you will see the boat sitting a lot more. We still have yet to take our boat at all this year all we have used is the skis. I started with one and I thought I would use it with the boat but it turned out that we spent a lot of days just on the ski so had to buy a second as it's not as much fun with the wife and kid on mine lol. Now we just have to talk you into bringing it to bimini next year.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
lol @robert843 . I can't see taking this thing all the way to Bimini, but we are definitely loving it, and definitely picking up another. The stupid finger throttle drives me nuts...about 1/2 hour and my hand cramps too much and I gotta take a break. I was thinking of a GTR for the second ski, but it looks like seadoo has the same throttles.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some higher end Sea-Doo's have cruise control. I thought Yamaha skis had this also.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They do, but not like my 242 has. You still have to keep the throttle applied...at least that's what the salesman was telling me. The VXR didn't get it. My next ski will definitely be the FX HO cruiser if the cruise works better than he says.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, you are correct but that's what a rubber band (gum band for you fellow Pittsburghers) is for.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lol @robert843 . I can't see taking this thing all the way to Bimini, but we are definitely loving it, and definitely picking up another. The stupid finger throttle drives me nuts...about 1/2 hour and my hand cramp.

I had the same issue about 5 hours in to the Bimini crossing lol. I have the gti 130 in the Sea Doo its the same as the GTR minus the super charger. Its a nice ski I have to agree the IBR/Ride System is nice. I didnt think much of it till we got the Sea Doo as my Kawasaki doesnt have it. Even @upperdeck rode it for a few minutes the last day we were in Bimini and he thought that system was pretty slick.