• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hull yellowing

If tour going to coat it then you should be blasting it first anyway. Use something fine and gentile like glass bead or very fine alum oxide then coat it in black epoxy primer

So this black stuff is a byproduct of acid wash reacting with aluminum.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
No the parts are coated with epoxy from the factory. The black is the old coating that has survived

Thanks. Will try that.
I am about to throw in the towel and get it sandblasted.
I picked up some sulfamic acid at HomeDepot (in the tile section) and plan to use that to get the pumps spruced up.

I picked up some sulfamic acid at HomeDepot (in the tile section) and plan to use that to get the pumps spruced up.
Let me know if it works for you..
before and after pic if possible

Giving it a shot now…

247BD413-CB5F-4292-8D6C-9888E6D96879.jpegF97B033C-06D6-4A3A-A10C-AD6E1A010271.jpeg

So how did it work out?
Things cleaned up quite nicely! I need to reinstall the impeller and the pumps. I was going to do that this weekend but beers and football took precedence.

Thanks. Pls post pictures and details how you did it! Thanks a lot!!!

Port side reinstalled. I dipped for 2 hour. Bath in the sufamic. I installed new impeller and wear ring. Put back on the boat. I’m soaking the starboard bucket now, then will flip it in 2 hrs for the other side. Next I’ll drop the spline and let that soak for two.

coat all of the surfaces with t9 then I will reinstall starboard. If it’s still warm enough I make take a quick sea trial to make sure everything is good to go for next season.37309D7A-CF89-4BCA-A698-C8CCAC611BAE.jpegEF339656-4B2E-4A09-A025-6AEE63765752.jpeg

Is there an environmentally safe product that can be applied to aluminum that will prevent zebra mussels from attaching? When I took the boat lift out this fall it was covered with them and I would like to spray on some sort of anti fouling product before I put it back in the water. Any thoughts/recommendations?

you cant use regular bottom paint on it as that is copper based. use something like micron cf.

This acid. The least amount of work and the fastest of all the star brite products. That yellow is taken off my hull at least once per year. (it comes in smaller bottles as well)

71TCENizweL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Watched a couple of vids of the instant hull cleaner, have you ever tried that Star Brite product?

I’ve got tar stains / residue on my boat from lake Powell this summer…it was floating on the water at the old boat ramps due to the low water. Before I realized what was happening I tracked this crap onto my deck and the one piece of marine mat at the helm, and of course my shoes. Ended up using some gasoline on a paper shop towel to clean up that mess. It will be interstate to see if this stuff can get after those tar stains. Otherwise I’ll try lighter fluid (naphthalene).

Apply an epoxy marine paint or coat a paint over marine epoxy. Clean the surface, sand the clear marine epoxy for ease of painting, and complete with a finishing wipe.

Last edited:
Back