• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I bought a new 2024 Yamaha FSH and the Non-Skid is chipping...

Jazco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Just like the title says. It's in one specific area behind the seat where the cooler goes. I have not dropped anything there. The only thing that could have put stress there is people walking, sliding the cooler out and placing another heavier cooler there. The heavy cooler has rubber feet so I highly doubt it would cause any damage.

It's the tiny bumps that are chipping off. See my picture. Do I call the dealer and claim it as a warrantee item?20240527_131004.jpg

You seem to have the absolute worst collection of experiences, and a large reservoir of doubt. Seems like this could be one of those algebra word problem thingys that all come together into one equation.

When blowing up that pic, there certainly seems to be scrapes to go along with that damage. I'm guessing there's something to that, but I'm not the guy determining the validity of a warranty claim - that's the guy who's going to be going over that with a finer eye than mine.

Good luck with whatever direction you take on this.

I see you posted this back in May…. What was the outcome?

What is the white stuff around the "tiny bumps", wax?

You seem to have the absolute worst collection of experiences, and a large reservoir of doubt. Seems like this could be one of those algebra word problem thingys that all come together into one equation.

When blowing up that pic, there certainly seems to be scrapes to go along with that damage. I'm guessing there's something to that, but I'm not the guy determining the validity of a warranty claim - that's the guy who's going to be going over that with a finer eye than mine.

Good luck with whatever direction you take on this.
What? Did you see my other posts or something? Yeah I have a lot of issues, some self inflected. It appears the warrantee is covering this issue.

What is the white stuff around the "tiny bumps", wax?
Didnt notice it until now. I could be original wax (i havent waxed it) or it could be running of the material used to create the surface

I see you posted this back in May…. What was the outcome?
The dealership appears to be honoring the warrantee. However when I checked on it, they didnt give me much info. Its a part they can just order, but seems to be hard to find. Its not part of the hull, its the large hatch covering the engine area.

Didnt notice it until now. I could be original wax (i havent waxed it) or it could be running of the material used to create the surface
Maybe, Check the bottom of your cooler.

Maybe, Check the bottom of your cooler.
I did, its just the standard cooler they provide, cheap plastic and is flat on the bottom. The damaged area is only in the middle of where the cooler would slide over it. That's a very specific spot so it's not the cooler.

Glad they are covering that, no doubt that shouldn't happen after only a few months

Back