• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Identify this piece!

WallabyWobbie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I found this part in the engine compartment of my 2018 Yamaha 195sx. To me, it looks like some sort of drainage tube, but I could not see where it’s supposed to be connected. It’s about 1/2” in width and 12” in length. Thanks I’m advance!

Attachments

• 5E540915-5DA9-4040-8C1F-29D43907891D.jpeg
    5E540915-5DA9-4040-8C1F-29D43907891D.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 44
Drain from a cup holder most likely

Look at your other cup holders and match tube maybe

Does it perhaps connect to the flush port?

Does it perhaps connect to the flush port?
I don’t believe so. I have a threaded nozzle that fits on a hose for flushing. This mysterious piece is too small and isn’t threaded. Being found in the engine compartment makes it harder to figure out.

I have that same tube in my engine compartment. I’m not at my boat to tell you exactly where it goes or what it belongs to. Just off recollection though, when looking in your engine compartment, it hangs on the right side (or Port side when looking forward) and I believe it goes to a drainage port located inside the seem of the engine compartment and the engine compartment hatch. I hope that makes sense. Don’t throw it away. I can check for specifics tomorrow.

Whatever it is, the hose is rated for 275 psi and the zipties not so much!

I have that same tube in my engine compartment. I’m not at my boat to tell you exactly where it goes or what it belongs to. Just off recollection though, when looking in your engine compartment, it hangs on the right side (or Port side when looking forward) and I believe it goes to a drainage port located inside the seem of the engine compartment and the engine compartment hatch. I hope that makes sense. Don’t throw it away. I can check for specifics tomorrow.
Awesome. Thank you. I look forward to seeing where this goes!

Whatever it is, the hose is rated for 275 psi and the zipties not so much!
Right? I doesn’t seem THAT important! (My dad, a former jet engine mechanic would hate to hear those words from my mouth!)

I have a hose in my engine compartment that looks like that one and goes from the “walk through” and drains out somewhere on the swim deck.
A2713C14-D9E9-42CF-8F15-81FA7B3C795A.jpeg

I’m not going to be able to get to my boat today to check, but I believe what I’m recalling is the same thing @itsdgm is pointing out. I’m pretty sure mine just hangs down into the engine compartment. Now I’m curious if there’s another spot for the other end. Let us know what you find out. I’ll do the same.

I’m not going to be able to get to my boat today to check, but I believe what I’m recalling is the same thing @itsdgm is pointing out. I’m pretty sure mine just hangs down into the engine compartment. Now I’m curious if there’s another spot for the other end. Let us know what you find out. I’ll do the same.
I have the same thing. I can snap a pic tonight when I get home if needed.

As others have pointed out, it looks like the drain on the step over and connects to drain out behind the rear back cushion.

Mine is very loose fitting as well, and someday I will re-zippy it.

Attachments

• A765018A-EA4A-4331-9563-6396F91FF293.jpeg
    A765018A-EA4A-4331-9563-6396F91FF293.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
I found it. It’s a drainage tube from the walkthrough/seam of the engine compartment to the swim deck. I’ll post a photo below.

As others have pointed out, it looks like the drain on the step over and connects to drain out behind the rear back cushion.

Mine is very loose fitting as well, and someday I will re-zippy it.
Yes! That’s it. I bought some clamps to keep it in place.

I made it out to my boat yesterday. That’s exactly what it was.

Back