• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Impeller nightmare

The Bud Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
So Im the proud owner of a Jetstar 1250 by ultranautics. I purchased the boat in 2015 for $500 with a trailer , boat title no trailer title. The boat was badly oxidized, spent 1.5 years sanding it down. Finally got her in the water, only to suck up some rocks and destroy my impeller! I found a used replacement motor complete with jet pump everything for $200. I switched out the impeller, got her in the water only to go 10 miles an hour. Ok I had the wear ring rebuilt, $150 not too bad, get her back in the water 10 miles an hour? WTF? I sent pictures to the shop that rebuilt my wear ring, turns out its the wrong impeller,sent him a pic of the original impeller I destroyed , turns out they both are wrong. They are off a wetbike from the same company, too small to move my boat. So Im looking for an impeller for a 1988 jetstar, can anybody help?? Buddy"

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know nothing about what impeller you need, but I've used Impros to purchase some high elevation impellers. Glen is very knowledgeable, I'd recommend you reach out to him. He may at least know a guy who knows a guy...

Last edited:

The Bud Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
Thanks , its nice to know a guy who knows a guy!!

The Bud Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Ultranautics
Year
Other
Boat Model
Jetstar
Boat Length
Other
I know nothing about what impeller you need, but I've used Impros to purchase some high elevation impellers. Glen is very knowledgeable, I'd recommend you reach out to him. He may at least know a guy who knows a guy...
I reached to Impros, the dude could not have been more helpful, knew his stuff. Thanks for the lead.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length