• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Inflatable kayaks?

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm thinking of getting an inflatable kayak for the kids to mess around with while we're anchored at the party cove. Anyone have one, and have any input on how good the different brands are? I'm not looking to spend a lot of money but don't want something that won't work at least half decently and/or frustrate them.

They are not a bad option and do the job .. if I were in the market for another I would look for something with large valves. Biggest frustration was inflate/deflate times with the small stems.

We have an inflatable canoe.....we rarely use it as it takes up so much space (both inflated and deflated). I was actually thinking about it the other day wondering if we should take it to Shelbyville. We bought ours after seeing @Sheboat with theirs. Here is a couple of shots of it in use:

59260_1500333120001_4095517_n.jpg

59260_1500333160002_2172863_n.jpg

I bought 2 of the sevylor kayaks. They are good. Very durable, easy to inflate, kids seem to have fun on them when they use them. These days not so much since they all just got licenses to drive the jet ski, but before they could drive they would use them all the time. The paddles suck and break easy. I replaced them with 2 piece paddles from Academy Sports. I got 2 of these http://www.amazon.com/Sevylor-Quick...qid=1403290204&sr=8-7&keywords=sevylor+kayaks

Back