• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Interesting idea. . . . what else you guys got?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I had pilings to deal with, I can see using a fender board. I would like an idea on a swim deck fender to protect it when I back up against a pier or dock to off load or on load passengers. Normally I hover and they just step on and off...but that isn't good for those passengers not familiar with getting on a boat in the first place! It is fast however, no tying up or having to place fenders. So if I had some sort of long protection that I could back against the dock and keep a little pressure on it so the boat didn't move when folks stepped on, that would do it!

FenderS%20-%2056090%20TRANSOM1.JPG
If I had pilings to deal with, I can see using a fender board. I would like an idea on a swim deck fender to protect it when I back up against a pier or dock to off load or on load passengers. Normally I hover and they just step on and off...but that isn't good for those passengers not familiar with getting on a boat in the first place! It is fast however, no tying up or having to place fenders. So if I had some sort of long protection that I could back against the dock and keep a little pressure on it so the boat didn't move when folks stepped on, that would do it!

What about 1 or 2 of these? FenderS - 56090 TRANSOM1.JPG

That inflatable would work fine on the side if it is pretty durable. But for my application, not sure how to keep the swim deck from just pushing it up and on top of it, not providing any protection. I have looked at that tailormade fender before @0627Devildog , it is hard, bulky, and storage is a bitch! Also, you don't have any place to attach the fender lines without it running to side cleats, and all the lines makes boarding risky IMO. I envisioned maybe two of those, one on each end of the swim deck, with lines clear of the deck, so you could nudge up against the dock, and just keep slight pressure on it to stabilize the boat for passengers getting on/off. Something that is super easy to set up and store. A big heavy noodle may do the trick, if I could find one. Store it in the ski locker.

Another noodle mod. . . . .found!

I actually have tried a noodle lengthways across the side and it isn't heavy or thick enough for protecting that bowing side. But on the swim deck??? I dunno, it may work for my described purpose. May need the big noodle stuffed with the small diameter noodle, that would be plenty thick then.

For those with their own dock, how about putting something dockside to cush into? If not your dock, or many different places, just wow them with your exceptional slow speed maneuvering skills. I know you have them, but I can also see how it might be scary when you don't have a single scratch on your beautiful new boat! Congrats!

@txav8r . . . . I think 3 or more of these mounted in close proximity would work excellently for backing up into a dock. That is if you are mounting them to your home dock. . . . . keeping them on the boat and deploying in different locales might prove more difficult.

http://www.ez-dock.com/product/dock-bumper/

Here is a picture of them in action on my home dock. . . .

20140608_142812-jpg.6895

20140608_192437-jpg.6896

edited for spelling.

Last edited:
Those would be great on the dock as you mention @0627Devildog , I think your right, keeping several on the boat to drop off the swim deck for backing up might be too much to rig each time. You almost need a permanent replacement for the rub rail that can take more than it can. Probably not a mod I would consider, I like the way the boat looks. The noodle idea may get some traction however, I have an idea!

Fender boards....interesting...in particular for raft ups....never thought about this before.....would also add more distance between rafted up boats so that board racks might not hit as easily....

"Fender Board Tips
-Use the fender board when rafting boats of varying freeboard height by having the other boat’s crew place its fenders in line with your fender board. Unlike fenders alone, fenders and a fender board can be hung lower and thus stay in place instead of popping out of position as the boats rock."

Back