• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's about to go down!!!

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
She's finally home. Now it's time to take out the old and put in the new.image.jpeg

Take out the old and put in the new what????? Need photos!!! LOL

I'm taking the old Hydroturf and putting in the seadek. This is my progress in 2 hours. Is it beer 30 yet?image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

The one piece in the middle is a b*tch!!!

Keep them pictures coming! Woohoo

What do you guys used to remove the resin residue?

I used Acetone when I did mine a couple weeks ago, seemed to come up pretty easy with that.

I did the back deck on my boat last year....getting that old residue off was not fun. It does however, look great when done. We all wait for the pics of the final project...

@Julian Did you use a metal or plastic spatula? I'm using a hard plastic one (on my 2) with acetone that I bought from Lowes to removed the adhesive and it is not working. Using the spatula I removed the some of black residue but can't get the adhesive off. Did I missed something?

Last edited:
Use lots of acetone. I'm talking a soaking rag full. Let it gum up the residue and start wiping off the adhesive. The rag will need to be turned often so you are not spreading the gum.

@Julian Did you use a metal or plastic spatula? I'm using a hard plastic one (on my 2) with acetone that I bought from Lowes to removed the adhesive and it is not working. Using the spatula I removed the some of black residue but can't get the adhesive off. Did I missed something?

I tried both and the metal one worked better.....plus lots of acetone

acetone was great for final wipe off and clean up but I had way more success getting the final glue residue up with Goo Off or Goo Be Gone I cant remember which I used and that got the final glue off then did a final wipe with the acetone. I sprayed an area with the Goo Off and let it sit for a bit and it came up pretty easily then.

I used a load of Goo Gone. Found it was doing almost nothing to the residue. I gave up & started adding some water to dilute it before wiping and rinsing, then - BAAM! Something about the Goo Gone mixed with water just ate the residue right up. It was amazing to watch.

Used acetone wipe down to remove the slight oily Goo Gone residue. Worked like a champ.

image.jpeg I did the rear first. Damn!!!! It took a lot eve though it didn't have as much as the inside of the boat. It's time for a beer and then I'm going in.

I was lucky, Mine came up easy. Might want to try attacking it first thing in the AM after a cold night and before the sun gets to it. Or you could put some ice packs on it to make it cold. It may be easier than all that elbow grease. You'll love the new SeaDek. Also if you need something to cover up that logo you can try this. :winkingthumbsup"

I was lucky, Mine came up easy. Might want to try attacking it first thing in the AM after a cold night and before the sun gets to it. Or you could put some ice packs on it to make it cold. It may be easier than all that elbow grease. You'll love the new SeaDek. Also if you need something to cover up that logo you can try this. :winkingthumbsup"
@Gym thanks for the tips! Well except the last one. There is not a chance.

Back