• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoater assistance needed in Dunn, NC area

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am looking for someone with pretty good knowledge of Yamaha MR-1 and AR230 jet boats in the Raleigh area to lend assistance if at all possible. If you are interested and in the area, there is a boat I would like to have checked out to see if it is worth trying to purchase. If interested PM me at your earliest convenience please.

Thanks!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian do we know anyone down that way?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am looking for someone with pretty good knowledge of Yamaha MR-1 and AR230 jet boats in the Raleigh area to lend assistance if at all possible. If you are interested and in the area, there is a boat I would like to have checked out to see if it is worth trying to purchase. If interested PM me at your earliest convenience please.

Thanks!
I am about an hour from there. What sort of assistance do you seek?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just needed someone to check out a boat for me. @bronze_10 helped me out. Thanks again!!!!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So....
How did the boat look??

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ehhh... flooded.. it definitely sank.. water still in the ski locker and the engine bay... hasn't had any love in a while.. but i could not find any holes in the hull...

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bummer... Might make it a great deal too... Did it seem the engines were ever flooded?

Good luck on your search.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The oil looked good in the resevour but the water is up to halfway on the engines. And has been like that for a long while... I would say the cranks are sitting in water..

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@PaulyB need a boat with a good hull... his is busted.... all of his hardware is good. That's why he was asking someone to go look at the hull. It will be a lot of work but doable..

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ended up buying the boat.... we will see if it ends up working out...

Here is a link to the boat

https://www.copart.com/lot/31528447

After I reviewed the pictures it look like the boat sank in shallow water and may have sat on the bottom, only submerging up to the lower swim platform.... I feel as if the engines and electronics should be in good shape, so I have my fingers crossed for no major issues...

Last edited:

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dang. Not sure how I missed that one. I typically watch china grove, mebane, and raleigh copart like a hawk. Nice score

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I had a really rough 30 days from May-June. A few days before Memorial Day weekend, my truck was stolen overnight from being parked in the street in front of my house. Memorial Day weekend my 2008 AR230 was wrecked and the hull was damaged beyond repair. Then in the middle of June, my truck was found, but it would not start and the interior was torn apart pretty good, so I turned if over to my insurance company. The same day my truck was found, I was driving in my car and an uninsured motorist rear ended me and totaled my car. Needless to say I was over 2017 and considered staying in my house until 2018.

So I found this boat, and am optimistic that my luck has to change.... I am hoping to drive down tomorrow morning to Raleigh and pick the boat up and bring it home. I am really hoping the engines work and I don't have to swap the engines from my 2008 to the 2006. I will do my best to log my progress with the boat as time moves on. We shall see....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I had a really rough 30 days from May-June. A few days before Memorial Day weekend, my truck was stolen overnight from being parked in the street in front of my house. Memorial Day weekend my 2008 AR230 was wrecked and the hull was damaged beyond repair. Then in the middle of June, my truck was found, but it would not start and the interior was torn apart pretty good, so I turned if over to my insurance company. The same day my truck was found, I was driving in my car and an uninsured motorist rear ended me and totaled my car. Needless to say I was over 2017 and considered staying in my house until 2018.

So I found this boat, and am optimistic that my luck has to change.... I am hoping to drive down tomorrow morning to Raleigh and pick the boat up and bring it home. I am really hoping the engines work and I don't have to swap the engines from my 2008 to the 2006. I will do my best to log my progress with the boat as time moves on. We shall see....
Wow....that is one shitty year so far! It has to start getting better soon!!!

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it completely rude of me to ask how much you got it for?