• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JETBOATPILOT HAS SOMETHING NEW COMING SOON!!!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah I’m guessing this is a neutral position of the device or some such configuration and happens to cause this side affect, but likely can be repositioned (perhaps incrementally) to push the jet stream down and under to produce a surf wake on one side or another. Just guessing something like that is going on. At any rate excited to find out what this is all about.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We also cannot wait to light this thing up at night. I think we're going to get pulled over by the coast guard when we do though....so maybe not a good idea!!! lol

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
C74AFF81-9298-4E8A-82BC-E91B913B7D71.png

I am getting one for many reasons... before some one ruins it for the rest!

Last edited:

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looking forward to finding out what this product is....

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
While it looks cool I’m still trying to figure out why?? I think the surf wave mod is what we are all waiting for!
All you have to do is think about what is down there making that spray, and what that thing will do at 11mph. Think about it, at 40, it shoots high in the air, at 10-11, it forces the water together to generate a wave. Look at the diverters on many surf boats. This is good stuff.

What would be better yet, is if it could be tuned to work like trim tabs at speed to reduce porpoising, but not put up the spray. My guess is that is probably possible. I had an extended ride plate on my SeaDoo X20. It was about 3/4" lower than stock, and took out all the porpoising at 40-45mph that the 20ft Challengers were known for.

Nice work and teasing Will.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All you have to do is think about what is down there making that spray, and what that thing will do at 11mph. Think about it, at 40, it shoots high in the air, at 10-11, it forces the water together to generate a wave. Look at the diverters on many surf boats. This is good stuff.

What would be better yet, is if it could be tuned to work like trim tabs at speed to reduce porpoising, but not put up the spray. My guess is that is probably possible. I had an extended ride plate on my SeaDoo X20. It was about 3/4" lower than stock, and took out all the porpoising at 40-45mph that the 20ft Challengers were known for.

Nice work and teasing Will.
I agree. The more I watch it the cooler I think it is. Can't wait to find out more.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dammit! I only just got the last toy from @JetBoatPilot installed last week! I only have so much money, people... <sigh>

(very first world problems)

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We also cannot wait to light this thing up at night. I think we're going to get pulled over by the coast guard when we do though....so maybe not a good idea!!! lol
OK Will, you click baited me with the Black Friday ad. Is there going to be an actual SKU to order? Or just another teaser. As you know I will throw $200 at this, if it's true. And I have no issues waiting till April, as it will take that long for the ice to go off!

Attachments

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So the rooster tail is aide effect from the original design.. when is that available!?!?

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I told wife the other day I wanted to buy something for our boat.. she said okay whatever idc just buy it.

Showed her the video she said what so you need that for?

My answer was why dont I need it!

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im all for this but want to know more on the surf side .

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Come on SHOW THE WAVE ALREADY!

jpkl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Will,

Is this new "undefined add on (aka > Surf &Rooster Kit) " going to be fully compatible with the Yamaha version twin engine Thrust Vector XVs and the Lateral Thrusters Kit?
If yes, is there a estimated price point or price range we could expect it to fall in?

Anticipated availability?
Video of the Surf implementation coming when?

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Will,

Is this new "undefined add on (aka > Surf &Rooster Kit) " going to be fully compatible with the Yamaha version twin engine Thrust Vector XVs and the Lateral Thrusters Kit?
If yes, is there a estimated price point or price range we could expect it to fall in?

Anticipated availability?
Video of the Surf implementation coming when?
Your asking for an awful lot of details in a hype thread.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Would it work with Cobra steering setups?

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Come on guys. It's a trimmable nozzle. Trim it up you get a rooster tail. Trim it down. Nice clean wave.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Come on guys. It's a trimmable nozzle. Trim it up you get a rooster tail. Trim it down. Nice clean wave.
That vid is of a twin, to get a single rooster like that on a twin I think there is more going on than just trim.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
IMO trimming the nozzle down would be counterproductive to creating a wave because the bow would get pushed down and the stern would go up. Need that stern to sit down into the water and the boat needs to have an attitude like a plow. Not to mention I don't know if a trim-able nozzle could be attained for only $199 on twins.

Last edited:

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
True but wouldn't a trimmable plate do that. Imagine two trimmable plates raising at say 35(ish) degrees, starting from just inside of the nozzles and conjoined at the top, just under the swim platform.

Lowered it should great a rather decent swell (Centered between the nozzles). Lifted it would force the water up and out =rooster tail.

Thoughts?