• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

JETBOATPILOT HAS SOMETHING NEW COMING SOON!!!

As long as it doesn't hurt my top end speed I want the rooster tail.
My guess is it will hurt top end speed.

Yabut only in forward.

Who cares it looks cool!:winkingthumbsup"

My parents use to have a boat that would do 75, I will take my Yamaha any day over it. However the big block V8 sure sounded cool.

Who cares it looks cool!:winkingthumbsup"

My parents use to have a boat that would do 75, I will take my Yamaha any day over it. However the big block V8 sure sounded cool.
Yeah, until it doesn't. Then it sounds expensive :(. I rarely get my Yammie up to wot in the ocean due to chop. I love going airborne but the wife doesn't.

Come on guys. It's a trimmable nozzle. Trim it up you get a rooster tail. Trim it down. Nice clean wave.

Personally, I doubt you're getting all of that for $200.

To clarify as I can see some of the comments getting a bit off, and its probably my fault after I said this was discovered while testing a surf related product and was actually a pleasant side effect.... let me clear this up a bit.

The product was originally going to be a second surf enhancement, in addition to the first which we have yet to release info on. The goal was for this product to work in tandem with the first product. But, after testing them together we found that they did not work well together and actually counteracted gains made by adding the first product. It is possible with more testing and time we may be able to dial it in and make it work with the other product and do what it was originally designed to do, but for now that is a long shot and may never happen. We'll have to see as we move forward.

For the moment I believe the best course of action is to simply build it and market it as a really cool rooster tail device and if it turns into something more in the future then maybe an upgrade could be done or an enhancement could be added to accomplish the results originally intended for it.

The design is quite simple and we hope to have a render for you soon. There are some images that could be shared of the prototype but they are so rough I don't want to put them out there. The new images can be ready by Friday which is my plan so that we can begin taking pre-sales for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. You'll see an ad on our newsletter that shows $199.95 (a $50 savings) for pre-sale customers who buy now knowing that the parts won't be ready until spring.

Also one more note. There will be two versions. An Articulating Keel version and a non-articulating keel version. The first we'll see make it to production is the AK version. The non-AK version will require more parts and as a a result more testing and design and lead times for suppliers. We hope to see it by late spring or early summer.

@JetBoatPilot Any idea on when we will start seeing info on the main surf product? Sorry everyone keeps pushing on you around here but I want to upgrade my surfing options before spring and itching to know if this will be a good option - and to be fair, you started it. :D:D:D:D

We hope to some info and pictures of near production quality prototypes this Friday. No guarantees but that is my goal.

You'll see an ad on our newsletter that shows $199.95 (a $50 savings) for pre-sale customers who buy now knowing that the parts won't be ready until spring.

I clicked on that link and it didn't take me to anything on your page...perhaps the pre-sale items isn't loaded yet?

What is the measured side effect of the rooster tail?

Any speed gains? Any losses?

Thanks!

I want to know how you enable/ disable the tail...

From the link:
Operator Can Change Position From The Swim Platform (No Need To Get Wet)

Minimal Impact To Top Speed

Is Neutral considered off? Also is 40mph the rated top speed with it? Don't want to break something trying to go 50 lol

while the rooster tail is kinda cool, it's not something I'm interested in....really looking forward to seeing what is available for the surfing application.
Asking for gift certs for Christmas in anticipation of this.....also thinking about getting the lateral thrusters too.

I’m with this guy less the thrusters. Really would love to surf though.

Does it just modify one pump?

My guess given the refernces to price, articulating keel, and needing to drill is that the rooster tail product attaches to the articulating keel somehow.

My guess given the refernces to price, articulating keel, and needing to drill is that the rooster tail product attaches to the articulating keel somehow.

I doubt that...my guess is it is a simple bolt on nozzle extender with a couple of adjustment points. The reference to the keel impacts how the extender can fit over the nozzle. (gotta love the guessing game!)

2015-CURRENT

I guess I will need to wait for the group buy (insert sad face here)

Back