• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It just needs to warm up so we all can be out on the water!!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for all the commentary guys! I enjoy reading the various opinions as we have been working on the final design.

I want to assure you that we are not having problems with the twin or the single. The Single actually just got greenlighted for production and we're hoping to shoot some great video on a fresh water lake tomorrow.

The twin has been the harder of the two to perfect and we have it 99% there with the exception of some small nitnoid details that we're hoping to get knocked out tomorrow as well. Video has been slow coming because I wanted to make sure that we really got it right before we put it out there.

Tomorrow we're going to have Thomas, my partner's son who has been surfing and wakeboarding for about a year now, on the boat to showcase the surf capabilities.

We're also going to have a pro-wakeboarder (can't name names unfortunately) to showcase the wakeboard capabilities.

If weather cooperates we're going to get as much video as we can including some drone footage and we'll be editing Thursday for a Thursday afternoon release.

Thanks to all of you who have pre-ordered! I am flying to Chicago on Friday to meet with one of my key suppliers about all of the details and will be placing the order for the single engine parts that day. Hopefully I can place the order for twin engine parts at the same time. Tomorrow's test will determine if we green light the twins.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was not sure for a moment if this was for real - the 500lbs wet steel shot bag on the swim platform thingy - or April Fools’...

Lol, I would have zero, none, absolutely no interest in hauling that much ballast in that fashion. Not just absurdly inconvenient, there are also liabity issues there, say if that were to slide off and something got tangled in a rope etc.
A polypropylene ballast bag filled with water does not sink, if it were to roll off, no matter how heavy.

I'm in agreement that I don't like the idea of carrying weight around when I don't need it. Or putting that much more strain on my lift when we are off the water. So I agree. That being said, I also don't want to drain and fill an 800lb bag each time one of the kids thinks it's their turn to surf, and they are opposite side. Someone, possibly me, is going to learn to surf the opposite side of the wake! I will have to share my superior adaptability skills, as the bag is more cost effective. But the steel shot is more flexible.

On a side note Swatski, I think that is the reason for the duffel sized dry bag. The steel shot should stay dry. And to further that note, we carry big dry bags, and my buddies reload shotgun shells, so access to steel shot is not difficult. So these "ghetto" bags can be put together easily. And I think Will is doing exactly what we have all asked him to do by showing what the wake looks like with ballast (without promoting someone elses product) Competition is good for the consumer, we have choices.

What I need are more fat friends that want to stack themselves on the one side of the swimdeck. I don't need them on their while underway either! ha!

I think I see myself testing with an even more "Ghetto" ballast until I can justify proper ballast.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@biffdotorg have you tried loading swim deck ballast right over middle of jets, one in ski locker and then moving people side to side?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@biffdotorg have you tried loading swim deck ballast right over middle of jets, one in ski locker and then moving people side to side?
No, I sold all my ballast bags with my previous boat. We dumped all we could into the boat and new lift last year. Then added lateral thrusters. So my boat budget was maxed.

I have a new Tsunami pump for this season, so i will be digging into what we need next. That may be a good point to add fixed ballast, and then just use "people weight" for the list.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I found some older style bags that cost me like 200 total for 2100lb ballast still trying to position them in a way to make best for our boat. I was using 800 on deck going to drop the other 800 in ski locker snd have a 540 I can move wherever.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here you go guys and gals, sorry for all the delays. We're still working as you can see in the video but we're 95% there! I can't tell you how great testing went yesterday. Perfect weather, two boats, lots of boards, and the Thrust Vectors took a quantum leap about 75% of the way through the day!!! See for yourself:

Boat Info: 2018 Yamaha 212X (Nozzles Straight, rear bags full (800lbs) front bag empty, 4 adult male passengers (700lbs), full tank of gas.
Aftermarket Adds: Thrust Vector Wake, JetBoatPilot Ballast System (600lbs steel shot), GPS Based Speed Control System

During this shot it is important to know that we did not have to lean the boat or drive in a circle. We held the wheel straight and centered the weight of the bags and passengers.

You'll also notice the wake go from clean to foamy back to clean again. That is the reason why we are still testing. We've finally got all the pieces together to deliver a breathtaking product and we are now perfecting it. The clean wave you see in this video is what you'll get when we begin shipping hopefully late May 2019!

Thanks for your patience and for those of you who have pre-ordered, thank you for your business!!!!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks promising Will. Good job on the video.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is the video folks have been asking for. Is there room for additional improvement, yes, is it a great start, Hell yes! Nice job Will and crew!

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yep, looks good in pic below. I bet if you did list the boat it would make it even better.

1F994D66-D475-4580-AE2F-7582B1A62603.jpeg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will, was the ballast centered, or off to one side on the swimdeck?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Here you go guys and gals, sorry for all the delays. We're still working as you can see in the video but we're 95% there! I can't tell you how great testing went yesterday. Perfect weather, two boats, lots of boards, and the Thrust Vectors took a quantum leap about 75% of the way through the day!!! See for yourself:

Boat Info: 2018 Yamaha 212X (Nozzles Straight, rear bags full (800lbs) front bag empty, 4 adult male passengers (700lbs), full tank of gas.
Aftermarket Adds: Thrust Vector Wake, JetBoatPilot Ballast System (600lbs steel shot), GPS Based Speed Control System

During this shot it is important to know that we did not have to lean the boat or drive in a circle. We held the wheel straight and centered the weight of the bags and passengers.

You'll also notice the wake go from clean to foamy back to clean again. That is the reason why we are still testing. We've finally got all the pieces together to deliver a breathtaking product and we are now perfecting it. The clean wave you see in this video is what you'll get when we begin shipping hopefully late May 2019!

Thanks for your patience and for those of you who have pre-ordered, thank you for your business!!!!
Curious if like you say the boat is straight and all weight and ballast is centered why it appears the wake is only clean on one side and not the other?

Jeff Jozwi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Looks good. Nice and clean. I would still like to see it in actions with a Wake Booster.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Curious if like you say the boat is straight and all weight and ballast is centered why it appears the wake is only clean on one side and not the other?

View attachment 91109
That's what I meant to ask in my question. As Will stated it was centered. Will, did you accomplish this by moving your people as there should be no reason for the asymmetrical wave otherwise. Just trying to understand what you did to accomplish this. And I bet you are trying to replicate it as well.

Cart is loaded on the Jetboatpilot store. This is the bait that may push me over the edge.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's what I meant to ask in my question. As Will stated it was centered. Will, did you accomplish this by moving your people as there should be no reason for the asymmetrical wave otherwise. Just trying to understand what you did to accomplish this. And I bet you are trying to replicate it as well.

Cart is loaded on the Jetboatpilot store. This is the bait that may push me over the edge.
We found that balancing the weight was the key. No lean to either side. Even the ballast was centerline. Also we used no weight in the front. We added three bodies in the front and the wave got washy so we moved everyone back to the center of the boat.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

View attachment 91109
Our focus was only on the port side wake yesterday so we were not testing to clean both sides simultaneously. The final product will most assuredly clean both sides simultaneously because that has been one of our key selling points all along.