• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Julian here....look forward to an open and helpful place to talk about our boats!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I own a 2005 SX230HO. I used to own a 2003 LX210 (19 foot 2 cycle model). I love the safety and ease of maintenance of jet boats. Are they perfect...no. But they sure are fun! If you are interested in why I threw away 11 years of participation in the other board....read on. If that bores you, I understand fully!

Why I left (and expect to be banned for starting this board) : I got tired of walking on egg shells and left the other board when yet another member was banned without notice or explanation. I wrote the rules of conduct in the "Rules and Regulations" section. Probably too long, but wanted to be sure we were clear on things. The most important part of these rules is our pledge to members (copied here in its first draft, the official version will likely change from this version):

Our Pledge to Our Members and Our Community:
1) We will do our utmost to provide the latest and best information on all things Jet boats
2) We will disclose our financials and be transparent on the operations of the forum
3) We will NEVER ban or suspend a member for joining another forum or any other community on the internet!
4) We will never ban or suspend a member for linking to another forum or other community (we welcome this!)
5) You will never face a suspension without notification of the offense for which is was imposed, and a warning will always preceed this (unless a flagrant violation occurs—and even then you will be informed of that violation).
6) We will listen to our members and guide the community based on member input.
7) We will keep our promises to the community, or notify the community if a promise cannot be upheld. We would like the same from our members.
8) We will review complaints about our volunteer staff (we are all volunteers!) and respond in writing.
9) We welcome your input on this code of conduct and will change it as needed.
If you can gather, we are trying to be responsive and sensitive to anything that might be considered arbitrary on the part of the admins and moderators. Transparancy and inclusiveness is critical! You should never hear any admin or moderator say "this is my site".....it is OUR site and should be tended carefully and with respect.

So censorship and totalitarianism were the primary causes of my dissatisfaction. There are also some other things that irked me, but these are nits that annoyed but didn't motivate any real movement on my part:

LOGOS - We all really want to promote our forum. Here we intend to allow all users to use any and all logos they can dream up!
COSTS-We will publish our costs and any need for donations to cover them. Again...transparancy!
CLASSIFIEDS-Post away clearly visible no fees.

If you have any nits about this board....post them in the Feature Requests Section! We will do our utmost to meet all requests.

Welcome! I look forward to a better place to talk about our boats!

And who knows....perhaps the other forum can learn something too....

Last edited: