• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just joined

dano

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just joined! I think I just sold my 2003 Lund deep today and I am looking to buy a Yamaha Jet Boat, 242 series. Have done a fair amount of research and I am now aching to test drive one next summer. Anyone have the same experience going from a heavy Lund fishing boat to a fiberglass (family) Yamaha jet boat? Look forward to any feedback!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard Dano!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard @dano . Lots of pluses in these boats! Congrats on the sale of your previous and good luck on the search for the new Yamaha! Once again, welcome aboard!

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@dano, welcome aboard and you are going to like what you read here. Update your profile or tell us where you are from. You will probably find someone local that will take you for a ride on a similar boat. There are lots of 242 boats around here

As you know now is a good time to buy.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have the same experience going from a heavy Lund fishing boat to a fiberglass (family) Yamaha jet boat? Look forward to any feedback!
Sorry that I failed to comment on this question. I use my uncle's deep v aluminum fishing boat several times per year. There really is no comparison. The holeshot on the Yamaha's is incredible, it doesn't lazily get up and go like a fishing boat. The Yamaha will be able to handle fairly large water as well as your Lund did. And obviously since the Yami's are set up for pleasure boating, there are many more places for people to sit compared to a fishing boat.

I agree with what others here have said, update your profile to show your location, I'm fairly certain that you could get a test drive from a member here.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @dano. Good luck with your search for a new boat.