• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kinda Maiden Voyage 210 FSH

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had to learn also. I had never pulled a trailer before. I really struggled with the hand on the bottom of the steering wheel style. My brain just couldn’t process it. Then I came across a video on YouTube that showed a different technique. He kept his hand on the top of the steering wheel and watched his side mirrors. If the boat starts turning in the driver side mirror too much turn the wheel toward that mirror, and vice versa for the passenger side mirror. It’s the exact same thing as the other technique, but this way clicked in my brain. Now it’s easy peasy. I’m sure you’ll have it down in no time. Best of luck!
There’s no way I can hang out the window or crank my neck around to see what going on. I can’t see over the boat in rearview so will have to use side mirrors and “top view” camera in suv - it will be hand at top of wheel. Thanks Capt

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will have to test that…
Sync isn’t off at higher speeds. Around 4,000 rpm on starboard the port will be at 3,000 and I have to move the port up to sync. Annoying

Trailer handling much better - opened rear hatch for better view. A rearview camera on the tower would be awesome, but I’m confident a little more practice and I will fine. Should note our community ramp is narrow, probably 18-24” clearance on each side. (Seems narrow to me 😄)

10 hr service next week.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sync isn’t off at higher speeds. Around 4,000 rpm on starboard the port will be at 3,000 and I have to move the port up to sync. Annoying

Trailer handling much better - opened rear hatch for better view. A rearview camera on the tower would be awesome, but I’m confident a little more practice and I will fine. Should note our community ramp is narrow, probably 18-24” clearance on each side. (Seems narrow to me 😄)

10 hr service next week.
That is narrow!

So at full throttle the engines are synched ?
Are they out of synch on the way back down or just up?

Have a look at the throttle cables where they attach to the APS. There are two, one on each side. Chances are the cables do not have the same amount of slack, I’m guessing the port side will have more slack.

With the engine cover open, engines off, put both throttles to full forward and see if both APS are on the stops. Again, guess here is that the port side will not be on the stop. Adjust the cable accordingly. Then put throttles in the neutral position and verify both APS are on the idle stops.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

10 hr service next week.

If you are going to do the oil change yourself, be sure you have the oil filter wrench that goes on top of the filter and you use a 3/8” ratchet and extension. Best be prepared with a set of Channel Lock oil filter pliers as well. The stock filters on my engines were so tight on the 10 hour change I almost had to go to the screw driver method to get them off. The second oil change was a breeze.

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you — Going in for my 10 hr and will give the dealer a chance to adjust. If it isn’t fixed will follow your advice and also check the adjustment screws in the levers base as previously suggested.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you — Going in for my 10 hr and will give the dealer a chance to adjust. If it isn’t fixed will follow your advice and also check the adjustment screws in the levers base as previously suggested.
That’s even better! After a couple of minor adjustments you are on your way to a full season of sun, fun, and laughter.

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Came back to our place in SWFL and took the FSH out today. Found it a little easier to back down the ramp. I added a rear video camera and taped it to the upper rear deck. It syncs to my iPhone and I could see better. Not a nice 55” view, but at least I could see the ramp, which I couldn’t before.

The ramp is marked with two stripes yellow and red. I measured the ramp width 11’ and 12’ to the lines. FSH is 8’ 6’ which doesn’t leave much room. Anyway it is getting easier!!!

The dealer tightened (maybe over tightened) the throttle cables and the port side didn’t fall off very much this time out. They are now both stiff to operate but the port didn’t fall off when I released my grip.

The day wouldn’t be complete without a newbie hiccup—left the dock without the clean out plugs locked. Got aways down the river in no wake mode before applying the power and realizing the error of my ways. One thing for certain — they are easier to put in on the trailer than in the water!

Ended up with lots of sun and saw several pods of dolphins. Overall a great day on the water!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I noticed the T-top ratchet isn’t secured inside the canvas top velcro flap - seems to be exposed. Is it supposed to be like this?41EB6A67-4773-45B2-BAFC-CC6507DA8D16.jpeg39C96B22-CAE7-4A73-8EC4-5D52F9BD885F.jpeg

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Nice looking bait but what did you catch ?

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral