• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Less than a week!!

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Boat comes out of storage next Saturday and hope to be on the water by mid-May!! More excited for this season than last for some reason.

Who else is getting ramped up for summer in the next couple of weeks?

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Super ramped up down here in Iowa. Deep cleaned the boat a week ago after we got it out of storage, boy did it need it. Still need to do a few minor prep things but then we will be ready to rock.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Right there with you, @WiskyDan ... My two neighbors and I share a dock, and we've been standing around looking at the lake for weeks, waiting for the water to go down enough to get the dock in. Realistically, it's too damn cold anyway, but we're ready the second the water cooperates.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The big question is if the @drewkaree will come out of his winter slumber soon……. :)

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Right there with you, @WiskyDan ... My two neighbors and I share a dock, and we've been standing around looking at the lake for weeks, waiting for the water to go down enough to get the dock in. Realistically, it's too damn cold anyway, but we're ready the second the water cooperates.
We will be back in Oshkosh this weekend for the first time since we put the boat in storage last fall and are going to bum around a bit to see if anything new has popped up on the river. There will be two days this week with overnight lows of 29 so that might temper the optimism a bit….. :-/

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will be back in Oshkosh this weekend for the first time since we put the boat in storage last fall and are going to bum around a bit to see if anything new has popped up on the river. There will be two days this week with overnight lows of 29 so that might temper the optimism a bit….. :-/
We'll be up, but we've got a friend from KC visiting, along with all the girls that'll be flocking in to see her as well, and my BIL, SIL & niece coming up as well to open up their camper. Look for Haas's in Winneconne for a great dinner with the admiral. MKE prices, but Osh-vegas quantities. Prepare to wait with drinks at the bar (oh darn), and if you're wanting the Prime Rib, get there early - they ran out on me just as my buddy was ordering. SAN FRANCISCO CO...

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
It's the last couple months of boating season down here in Florida.... at least for me..... LOL.

After a cooler and wetter than normal winter we have been in a very nice stretch of weather. A little storm blowing through this morning but then no rain in the next two weeks and temps in the upper 80's every day.

Will be putting the boat away for the summer in late June while we head north to see family and cooler temps for a couple months.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I pulled the boat out of the winter storage barn last weekend and did a light clean up. This past Saturday I did an oil change, greased fittings, buffed the past 2 years of dock rash and scuffs off the hull, and updated the registration tickers, so she's ready to hit the water. Hoping for a change in forecast this Friday to do a little cruise on the river.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Boat comes out of storage next Saturday and hope to be on the water by mid-May!! More excited for this season than last for some reason.

Who else is getting ramped up for summer in the next couple of weeks?
Central Wisco here - you bet! Greased up bearings yesterday, rotated tires, hooked up batteries and everything's charging. Might get my oil change and plug change out of the way this week too.

WI river temp is currently 47... not bad for April, but need another 10-15f before I'll jump in with the wet suit for sports.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m already at boating day 9 for 2024… had a few days down on Lake Mohave and a few days up here since the ice was off when I got home from Lake Mohave, the water temp was 39*. I had 40 boating days last year, shooting for 60 this year. All that is left for prep for the year is to get up to the dealer in Bismarck and have them check the valves for the second time, I’m right at 400 hours on the engines, then all the maintenance stuff is done for the year-hopefully.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’m already at boating day 9 for 2024… had a few days down on Lake Mohave and a few days up here since the ice was off when I got home from Lake Mohave, the water temp was 39*. I had 40 boating days last year, shooting for 60 this year. All that is left for prep for the year is to get up to the dealer in Bismarck and have them check the valves for the second time, I’m right at 400 hours on the engines, then all the maintenance stuff is done for the year-hopefully.
Damn, 400?! I've got 240 hours on my 2020 and I thought I was out a lot!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Are there any openings at this company?!
I am the chief Recreationologist, CEO, COO, CFO, and the only employee at my company. I do have one vacancy, looking for female deck hand, Pilot / Co Pilot, Navigator, must be able to tie super improved clinch, Palomar, snell knots, Alberto splices or other suitable knots as well as bowline. Capable of rigging and using various rod reel combinations as well as operating down riggers. Ability to dock a boat, back a trailer at the boat ramp and or be able to put the boat on the trailer is highly desirable or ability to learn this skill.

Almost forgot, ability to launch and retrieve a trolling motor is a highly desirable skill-pictured.
FAACC248-8137-4589-B460-9198CA20BCF2.jpeg

Upward mobility to one or more of the aforementioned three letter titles is also possible.

Last edited:

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We'll be up, but we've got a friend from KC visiting, along with all the girls that'll be flocking in to see her as well, and my BIL, SIL & niece coming up as well to open up their camper. Look for Haas's in Winneconne for a great dinner with the admiral. MKE prices, but Osh-vegas quantities. Prepare to wait with drinks at the bar (oh darn), and if you're wanting the Prime Rib, get there early - they ran out on me just as my buddy was ordering. SAN FRANCISCO CO...
Skipper Buds has their “Tailgate Party” festivities continuing through this weekend so we will stop over there and look around for sure. We stopped by the “Sometimes at Pioneer Island” bar a couple times last year (on the island next to Pioneer Marina) and it was fun. Sounds like they are adding more stiff so we will take a drive over there as well. Let us know if something g changes and you guys can meet for lunch - I’ll buy the first round. :)

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got her out of storage this morning and dropped at the dealer. Stopped by Skipper Buds to make sure I have the same in/out storage spot in the warehouse and then down to the island by Pioneer Marina to look around. Warm today but windy as heck - had to be gusts of 25-30mph.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got her out of storage this morning and dropped at the dealer. Stopped by Skipper Buds to make sure I have the same in/out storage spot in the warehouse and then down to the island by Pioneer Marina to look around. Warm today but windy as heck - had to be gusts of 25-30mph.
Supposedly, gusts of 40+, but sunny and warm! A "wasted" weekend for us, as we weren't planning on it, and weren't prepared to hook up the water, so we did the next best thing, and made it a bigger project for next weekend (but less work in the future).

Were you dropping off for work to be done, or just preseason prep?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Supposedly, gusts of 40+, but sunny and warm! A "wasted" weekend for us, as we weren't planning on it, and weren't prepared to hook up the water, so we did the next best thing, and made it a bigger project for next weekend (but less work in the future).

Were you dropping off for work to be done, or just preseason prep?
Spring run up, oil change, spark plugs, and maybe the new Connext screen if it arrives on time. Yeah, I know I should be doing the oil/plugs myself but I like my weekends and want it done before the boat gets on the water. :-/