• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Life jackets

Tommy Bierly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I put a tension curtain rod in my head to hang life jackets. I need to secure it a little better, but I've been looking for a way o get life jackets out from every storage space on the boat. What do you all use/do for life jackets?

...another sunrise pic from this morning.

Attachments

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Great idea...I'm always looking for a place to put them. I may go with a beefier stainless steel shower curtain rod than can be adjusted without the spring tension.

Tommy Bierly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ordered some of these... not sure how well the adhesive will work in there...but we'll see!D1FDB662-9E88-419C-B102-55825344D6EF.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My tension rod fell on the first voyage... If you find a way to secure it, do let us know. I know some others have screwed in a wooden rod (like in a closet).

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
My tension rod fell on the first voyage... If you find a way to secure it, do let us know. I know some others have screwed in a wooden rod (like in a closet).
Was yours spring loaded or twist lock?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had one of each, actually... The twist lock one I put at an angle between the forward starboard corner of the compartment and the aft port corner. That one stayed up for a couple of voyages, but eventually fell. So I tried the spring one--that one didn't make it one voyage.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That’s a great idea but my head compartment I think on the 242XE does not have any drainage from that compartment wouldn’t putting wet jackets in there leave water standing down on the floor of the head compartment?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
That’s a great idea but my head compartment I think on the 242XE does not have any drainage from that compartment wouldn’t putting wet jackets in there leave water standing down on the floor of the head compartment?
Good point, but I would only be storing them dry. Not sure yet if they will even fit. My boat is 21ft, so the head comp. is substantially smaller.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I picked up a twist lock and have been trying to make it stay put in the port helm storage area of my ar210. Keeps falling out though :(

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I picked up a twist lock and have been trying to make it stay put in the port helm storage area of my ar210. Keeps falling out though :(
I’m going to try and put some barbs or something on the ends so they will embed in the fiberglass…just an idea

Tommy Bierly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used the 3M adhesive sticks for curtain rods. It had held up for two trips so far.

agreed, nothing gets stored on my boat wet.

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DRAT

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

sastocky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This photo makes me feel like a piss-poor human. And I am mesmerized by it. I could write a 1,000 word essay on it...
Thanks! But…I’ll take a picture of the same compartment when it has 10 pairs of sandals, a snack bag, a sunscreen bag, food, and everything else an over prepared person could bring on the boat. That will make you feel better. 😜

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I put a tension curtain rod in my head to hang life jackets. I need to secure it a little better, but I've been looking for a way o get life jackets out from every storage space on the boat. What do you all use/do for life jackets?

...another sunrise pic from this morning.
Same solution here....rod in storage

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length