• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

like the others

Kross

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
in my humble opinion... this forum would do better if it looked like every other forum on the internet. I get the want to be different thing, but I've come accustom to reading forums that look like the rest. Winning on content seems to be the best, and keeping it easy for people to navigate and read.

this is just my opinion. feel free to remove the post if needed, not trying to start any wars. Just my, probably wrong, opinion.

- kross

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Ross. The great thing about this forum is nobody will remove your posts. As I understand it this forum uses some of the latest software out and is eons beyond the other jet boat forum I've been on for several years. You can also brows this forum comfortably from tablet or smart phone. Spend some time here and get comfortable. We're all here to help.
Gym

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dissenting opinions are welcome and encouraged! You are literally the first person to say this. However, some of our less technically adept members have said it will take some getting used to. @Impelled for example said it would take him a while to figure out all these new do dads or some such thing...... Jerry....how's it going after a week? Figure it out yet?

There are also some posts I've authored in the Forum Tips section to help accelerate the learning curve.

Lastly, there are things here that are WAY easier than the run of the mill PHPBB forum....like you can drag and drop an image into your editor! A WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get editor) that works like most modern Word Processors is a vast improvement over PHPBB! You can indent and number things!!! WOOT.

Hope you give it a try!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome aboard Kross...glad to have you on board and your input is welcome! I am having a little adjustment time myself, but it does have better features than our previous forum. And if by looking like other forums, you mean with ad banners and advertising, it wasn't on yjb either. Try out the features, we have more than any other forum I have experienced, and we are not married to everything we have today, it will evolve and hopefully, with member input and involvement, we will all make it better!

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm pleased with this site. It comes up much better on my iPod Touch and Galaxy S3 than the other site does.

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love the new forum. Will take a little getting used to but I like to try and learn different things. Only "polite" criticism would be our logo, which I know we are currently voting on a new one. It took me a while to figure out our current logo was an impeller. Cheers!

Joshb723

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
in my humble opinion... this forum would do better if it looked like every other forum on the internet. I get the want to be different thing, but I've come accustom to reading forums that look like the rest. Winning on content seems to be the best, and keeping it easy for people to navigate and read.

this is just my opinion. feel free to remove the post if needed, not trying to start any wars. Just my, probably wrong, opinion.

- kross
That was my first thought when I came here too. It is the only forum I go on that doesn't use the typical format. However after a week, I am now very comfortable with it, and actually prefer it. It feels very user friendly to me. Give it sometime and I think you'll feel the same way as me.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I guess I don't know what the typical format is. Most forums I go to are all different....

It's really a matter of software I suppose. If all the forums you go to use phpBB, then they will all look alike.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:Welcome:Welcome Kross! The learning curve isnt too bad, just post away and you'll be an expert in no time! :thumbsup::Welcome:

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This format rocks, I'm on a few forums and this one is by far the easiest to navigate.
Some forums don't even open up a new window when you click a link? How IBM is that!!
The posting box at the bottom that literally moves up with your content is genius.
Being able to post pictures easier is cool, everybody likes pictures (boats and babes section done yet guys?)

This is a brand new forum and will morph into something that future members won't even realise was different.

I for one like it, and long may it rule :winkingthumbsup" (Couldn't find a smiley with a crown.....)

Reactions: Gym

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It took me a bit to adjust but now I really like it. I still don't have my "reflexes" trained to find stuff instantly, but I'm getting there.

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm really liking it. I find the more I post, the more comfortable I get. I've still got to learn the posting of YouTube videos, but in due time, I am determined to learn it. ;)

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm really liking it. I find the more I post, the more comfortable I get. I've still got to learn the posting of YouTube videos, but in due time, I am determined to learn it. ;)
When you get around to it, just click on the icon right next to the picture icon, and 2 to the right of the emoticon button.....hover over it and it says "Media" .... Click, then paste your YouTube link in there, and away you go!! :thumbsup:

Kross

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thanks for the feedback. I'm getting there, give me a week and I'm sure I will come around.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome kross. Honest opinions are always welcomed I'm not going to lie, it took me a few days to feel my way around this site. But wow. What a difference. Like the above posts indicated already, it's different here but much easier once you get used to it.

Give it a week and I'll bet that you'll find yourself sending messages to the moderators of those other sites asking them to switch to this format.

Glad that you decided to join us.

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When you get around to it, just click on the icon right next to the picture icon, and 2 to the right of the emoticon button.....hover over it and it says "Media" .... Click, then paste your YouTube link in there, and away you go!! :thumbsup:
Awesome! Thanks!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love the new forum. Will take a little getting used to but I like to try and learn different things. Only "polite" criticism would be our logo, which I know we are currently voting on a new one. It took me a while to figure out our current logo was an impeller. Cheers!
Another thing I like about the new forum is that you can post the phrase our logo and our forum and it actually means something!

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah Julian, just looked over here....baby sat most of today. Granddaughters....are like high speed modems. I'm getting around, slowly :)