• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Links to boating related drone / quadcopter videos

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thought you guys might enjoy these:

1. A guy boating on Lake Campbell ( have no idea where it is ). I just appreciate how difficult it can sometimes be to control an rc helicopter/flying camera from a moving vehicle.

http://www.skypixel.com/videos/show/boating-on-lake-campbell

2. Top down video of a busy boat ramp in Bali. It starts slow but gets interesting in the end. I used to think that pro fisherman were the fastest at trailering a boat, not anymore.

http://www.skypixel.com/videos/show/pattaya-1000-meter-over-the-sea-6-pm-on-bali-hai-pier-pattay

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Awesome, That's a crazy boat ramp!

I'm finally committed to installing my Naza GPS and FatShark FPV setup during Christmas break.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a link to my latest video from Memorial Day Weekend 2016.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Your ladder was up.
Just sayin...

But really cool man! I want one someday!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think my wife noticed it 15 minutes in, when she told my son and I about it I told him to throttle down. A Lesson I learned a while back is that it's worth the few seconds it takes to put the ladder away correctly. When I lost one of the plastic wrung covers a few years ago because Of was running with the ladder deployed I ordered a replacement from yamahasportsplaza for $7, shipping was another $8.

Last edited:

Devildog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a link to my latest video from Memorial Day Weekend 2016.

I was too busy admiring the video than noticing the ladder :). But that was really cool to watch. Great job.

IMHO, the drones are awesome when used correctly and respectfully. There is a popular sand bar that we visit frequently and a couple of guys will fly around their drones. It's hard to tell which boats they are. At times they will fly high to get more of a global view. But other times, they will come down low and slow down around the boats. Not directly hovering overtop of the boats, but close. There are definitely some sights on my boat and others that some may find interesting if you know what I am saying. But it definitely makes me think of my next steps if and when a drone hovers directly over my boat.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks.

I'm not the guy that needs to buzz the crowd with my toy helicopter. I Just want to get pics and footage of my family's adventures (plus i am tech junkie) but will fly over to those waving me in/ playing to the camera in the right context.

In editing this footage I spotted a few video bombers that appeared in the videos more often than others. I just didn't notice them when I was flying, if I did it might have been a good ice breaker to meet them.

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know it's not water related..but I shot my sister's property in SW Washington the other day. Excuse the beginner footage but it's sure pretty scenery.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great video that @Big Shasta shared in the show us what you see thread...(but things get lost in there!):

Big Shasta, can you tell us about the drone you are using? You mention an upgraded transmitter? Phantom 3?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Great video that @Big Shasta shared in the show us what you see thread...(but things get lost in there!):

Big Shasta, can you tell us about the drone you are using? You mention an upgraded transmitter? Phantom 3?
It's a phantom 3 Pro that I bought from @captainhook earlier this year. It was already upgraded to the upgraded antenna setup. Works great. I never thought I'd get 2 miles out with live video. I bet with line of site, I could get another mile or so. At that point, battery life is the limiting factor.

Upgraded transmitter is on the left.

IMG_9080.JPG